Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealer markup

Default Dealer markup

I’ve been looking for a new truck lately.. let me say this is out of hand. Went to order one locally from ford, they wanted a $10k ordering premium on top of the $57k price tag.

Saw this one online this morning… they were dumb enough to post the window sticker with MSRP, and then list the truck with a $65k, yes you read that right, dealer markup. It’s insane.

Feel like I can’t trust anything GM, Fords are overpriced and 84 months of finance to justify it… crazy times…

Oh and the new tundras are fugly…

That is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that would pay $150k for a truck needs their head examined

Call ford directly. I did with GM they found a truck and dealer with no mark
    Up

People complaining about Capitalism…

Feetz would tell all of you, To go poor somewhere else….
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

This board rages against any kind of government interference. This board also rages against the pure law of supply and demand. If you don’t want to pay what the current owner of the truck is asking for it, don’t buy it, or find a different seller.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Most dealers are charging above MSRP. New vehicles and late model used vehicles are a sellers market soon to be upside down.

My truck loan self identifies as a student loan. I don't care how much it costs now.

Salty has found a dealership out of state that is below msrp if I remember correctly. I think they are in the Midwest somewhere. Maybe he will chime in here.

Iowa
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I found a few dealerships at msrp when I was looking and only 1 that offered discounts below that. Ended up going with Southwest Auto out of Arkadelphia, AR.
    For the ducks

In todays world, if a dealer is selling at MSRP, their trucks are sold before they arrive. Good old supply and demand.

Granger Ford in Iowa is 3% under invoice , not MSRP on everything. No haggling, that’s the price. Walterboro Ford is invoice price, not MSRP, the Granger number was great but you either have to transport it ($1700) or go get it, about the same. The savings weren’t enough after that to go that route, I ordered an F150 from Mark at Walterboro. Easy as could be, he was straight up with me, told me everything I could expect, price protected and cost me $500 to order. Invoice is about 6.9-7.4% off MSRP depending on model and trim. Then if you get a PCO, private cash offer coupon, from Ford, that comes off too. Just got to work the Ford system and website some to get those. Usually $2000-$3500 more off.

I’m not paying MSRP on a truck, it’ll sit on a lot and rot before I do.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 08-24-2022 at 09:36 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I wouldn’t care about a small mark up as much, but $65k is pushing it…

And I will have to go be poor somewhere else after spending that kind of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should probably ban markups. The thread will be started soon.

Maybe you shoulda been a Doctorman, instead of a Fireman…
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

And I have an 01 2500 Dodge Cummins for 22,500..

Come get it..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Haselden ford in Hemingway is ordering me a F250. Price is the same msrp that you see on the ford website. No discounts but no dealer mark up either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

31Dodge.com. Delivers within 300 mi and if you don’t like it when it gets to your driveway, send it back. They are $3-5k under MSRP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Just picked up my super duty ordered in April for the sticker price from Fairway in Greenville. In fact price has gone up since then and they honored my order invoice. Might make you a deal on one with 200 miles if you’re finding fools charging 150k for a pickup.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Just picked up my super duty ordered in April for the sticker price from Fairway in Greenville. In fact price has gone up since then and they honored my order invoice. Might make you a deal on one with 200 miles if you’re finding fools charging 150k for a pickup.
    Damn man, wish I had that experience. I ordered mine in march and still don’t have a build date. Every 45 days I get an email saying you’re still on the list.