Thread: Cudelink advice

Default Cudelink advice

For those that run the Cuddelink system...

Do you have any advice on settings that will yield decent night time pics? I know to run the infrared home unit's illumination on "close," as the "far" and "field" settings are completely useless and wash out anything that comes close enough to trigger the camera (must be on there for the "field surveillance" mode for deer that are a long way off), but my four satellite cameras are blackflash units, and the pics tend to blow. Actually, unless the deer is close during the day, the pics aren't great. Would love to know if there are settings that will improve the pic quality.

So far, I love the system in that it will allow me to monitor a bottom with no cell service by daisy chaining to the home base on a ridge top. I like that I only need one plan for a pile of cameras. I don't like the fact that if I am getting a lot of pics, it will take multiple hourly check-ins to push those pics to my cell phone resulting in pics coming in up to a day after they are taken. Any advice to iron these problems out will be much appreciated.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I run 12 of these cameras and love the system. It took me some time to iron out all the kinks but I wouldn’t trade them now.

I don’t have black flash so I’m not sure how the settings would correlate.

There is wealth of info here https://habitat-talk.com/threads/cud...dations.11731/

John is an engineer for Cuddeback and can walk you through anything.
    Last edited by reeltight; 08-13-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks, I'll check that out.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!