Thread: Stripers on Murray?

I here they are catching some schooling. Any truth to it?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Thick!!!! T.H.I.C.K. I tell you!!!!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Went today-wind blowing hard, no bites.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I love chasin' them schoolin' stripers - but, with the water level finally up under my dock good, I can let the security light do the work for me

Once they get in the routine of being under it, it's good for about three per night. Usually in the 5-10 pound range.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Originally posted by Swamp Rat:
    I love chasin' them schoolin' stripers - but, with the water level finally up under my dock good, I can let the security light do the work for me

Once they get in the routine of being under it, it's good for about three per night. Usually in the 5-10 pound range.
    Lucky! I get to usually catch two or three off my dock a day! I usually get 4 or 5 cats though. Lately been havin trouble with the gar.
    \"I don\'t wanna be nowhere where the city\'s all that grows.\"<br /><br />Rush

Fished this past Thurs, Friday, Sat on Murray (3/24 to 3/26). Thursday we caught four between 8-11 lbs using Packs Landing herring as cut bait in 30 feet of water in crystal lake between 8:30am and 10:00am. Missed five other good runs. Friday, we only managed one, weighed 12 lbs. Saturday we fished the afternoon and into the night, only caught one more about 10lbs around 9pm. Only used large blue back herring as cut bait in Crystal Lake area, up from the state park. Heard they are catching some nice fish down around Ballentine sewer treatment plant. Richard at Lake World said he weighed one Sat. morning over 40lbs. Was caught trolling live bait in 5-10 feet of water at first light. Water temp has been around 54 degrees. It's getting RIGHT! RIGHT I tell ya!!
    Santee116