Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Threat assessments underway

As much as y'all like to bitch about Duck Tape and term limits, why don't you back up your bitching and run for office yourselves?
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    As much as y'all like to bitch about Duck Tape and term limits, why don't you back up your bitching and run for office yourselves?
    Because we are the only ones who would vote for us.

Legends in our own minds.
    DILLIGAF

I tell my kids, it ain't funny after the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Because anyone with morals would kill themselves after 1 week.

One thing for sure you have never seen me run from a fight.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    You don't have a flag to stand behind.
    I've got nothing against DT but that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    One thing for sure you have never seen me run from a fight.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Anybody who claims their job is “influencer” needs an asswhippin anyhow.
    I wholeheartedly agree, but I have no doubt that they realize that folks like you and me are thinking "Kim Kardashian" when we hear influencer when they truly mean "anyone that keystrokes conservative views that could possibly influence someone on the inner web."
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I voted to remove the flag from the statehouse. I did not vote to prevent you from displaying it.

What is conservatism?

A summary from the Heritage Foundation:

Individual’s use of his God-given free will, whence derives his right to be free from...arbitrary force.

The Conservative looks upon politics as the art of achieving the maximum amount of freedom for individuals that is consistent with the maintenance of social order.

Its overriding principle is “ordered liberty,” which conservatives everywhere are determined to preserve and protect.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 08-13-2022 at 07:06 AM.

*from the Confederate Memorial on the Statehouse grounds.

Exactly. See why he's a politician. Selective omission is still a form of lying.

The flag was placed on the dome of the statehouse for in 1961 to mark the 100 year anniversary of the attack on Ft Sumter. It was supposed to be there one day. Historians say it was left there to defy civil rights movement.

In 2000 it was moved by the legislature to the Confederate monument. It was a compromise location to get it off the dome. It was removed from the monument in 2015.

That is the rest of the story, Sportin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Exactly. See why he's a politician. Selective omission is still a form of lying.
    Oh yeah, and Sportin, selective omission is a form of lying.

Our country was founded on principles that simply were not initially followed. It took years and much bloodshed to bring about actual change. We are still undertaking change that is foreign to our upbringing. I have done many things in life I am not proud of. Our forefathers had the right words but we the people are imperfect in the implementation.

The Preamble

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thirteenth Amendment

Section 1

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Fourteenth Amendment

Section 1

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude–

Twenty-Fourth Amendment

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

I'm always impressed by how well you keep your cool amidst "dissenting opinions".
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm always impressed by how well you keep your cool amidst "dissenting opinions".
    It's called moral conviction.
    DILLIGAF

Should a legislator vote personal convictions or constitutes will within the US and State Constitutions?

If you are asking if the vote was permissible under the constitutions hiw do I decide which way to vote then:

It depends. I am guided by conservative principles for most votes. Moral issues are in fluencies but my faith.

I very rarely poll. The Republican caucus does. Sometimes it is shared with us.

They generally poll general election republicans. I prefer to poll primary voting republicans.

I am in a district made up of 40% democrats. They are from Mars nowadays. I do not put much thought into how they got here from Mars.

I agree it is history and had no place other the states museum.

I have seen more Confederate battle flags in Southern Indiana than all of SC. Even a few in Southern Ohio.