Thread: Redneck Blinds ???

Default Redneck Blinds ???

Never thought I would even consider this for a deer stand but looking at a semi permanent box stand at SIL/Daughters land not far from our house

Had contractor buddy of mine I hunt with build tree house for our 2 grandsons this winter , they love it.

Cost of material naturally was pretty damn high

He and I were talking about deer stands today and costs of building a nice big box stand , he suggested just look at Redneck or Muddy blinds

Probably not all that much more in long run plus they can be moved if conditions change or need different location , on top of that will be hitting the 60 mark this year and not near as sure footed as I was years ago

I have seen them but never been in one , apparently someone in Abbeville sells them

He was also looking at one for some land we lease as well
    Figured someone here has one or tried one out ?
    Last edited by tprice; 08-08-2022 at 05:17 PM.

They are pretty awesome, but you can still build one for less than 1/2 the price. My rub is you can’t make your openings the exact way you want them in a prebuilt blind. I’d rather build my own and order the windows from deerview windows, than way I can make the openings exactly how I want them.

Only positive to any of these that you can buy is that they are more moveable and you don't have to bifold them. Other than that they are all pretty cheap. I'd love to have a few but wasn't willing to pay what they want for them.

I need to build 2 more for behind the house but time for the boys and me is hard to come by. Here is the one we built last year

15DAEF2B-64FB-4F55-8309-8D8A1D3FAEF6.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I have several. Great for kids. Very quiet. Also got as hell. I stay out of them until mid-November if possible.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I have several. Great for kids. Very quiet. Also got as hell. I stay out of them until mid-November if possible.
    I’ve never hunted in one, but that’s always been my thought. It has to be hot as crap in that plastic box in September

I’ll save you a ton of money and sell you a porta potty shell for $100. You can cut in windows, shelves, and gun rests however you please. Same thing.

Look up Hughes blinds. You can get one with the tower for around a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Thanks, that was going to be my 2 main questions (kids and how hot are they ) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    I’ll save you a ton of money and sell you a porta potty shell for $100. You can cut in windows, shelves, and gun rests however you please. Same thing.
    Believe it or not we got one made out of one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Look up Hughes blinds. You can get one with the tower for around a grand.

Thanks, will check those out
    Last edited by tprice; 08-09-2022 at 04:56 AM.