Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seafood market near Isle of Palms

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Eat at their food truck on site too
    What's the name of the dude who was always posted-up near there? Peanut Man?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Couple more "local" places - Flowers on the road to Edisto

Crosby's on Folly Road

Simmon's is the go to for sure. My woman spends too much money there. She buys the ready to eat red rice which makes no sense to me. It is good though.
    Carolina seafood McVille.

I could rattle a dozen or more from Gtown south to Beaufort.

BigBrother - we gotta get you outta the Strand bro.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Grand Strand is your stomping grounds.

Go by seven seas in Murrells.

From there down to Beaufort the coast is dotted with local catch seafood houses.
    Every seafood market sells local seafood but local seafood is fickle, seasonal and subject to bad weather. Wholesalers still visit and deliver frozen inventory from all over the world. How many longliners dock on Shem Creek now? Is there even a shrimp boat left there?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Every seafood market sells local seafood but local seafood is fickle, seasonal and subject to bad weather. Wholesalers still visit and deliver frozen inventory from all over the world. How many longliners dock on Shem Creek now? Is there even a shrimp boat left there?
    There are in fact shrimp boats still on shem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. I had read where they were getting pushed out for more lucrative moorage customers.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    There are in fact shrimp boats still on shem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tarvins has their own boats. Shrimp is fresh off their boats.

When they have them, the royal reds are awesome. Best shrimp I’ve ever had and I was raised near appalachicola so have had my share of shrimp.

I worked on one of the last longliners on Shem. All gone from there for now. Sad. Few left down at Cherry Pt Seafood. Hit me up for a cold one if you go down to Geechie Seafood. I’m there almost every day unless I’m at seatox. Not many boats been going lately, fuel prices plus small brownies = small profit margin. A lot of the shrimp currently on the market on the creek are from Fernandina freezer boats or McClellenville w a little local mixed in, but that can change on a good day. not bad imo. They’ll start getting better local inventory soon or on the next big tides or some rain flushes some out. Simmons is solid as are most mentioned above. SD