Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellular Game Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I "think" the only cameras that network together are cuddeback cuddelink, which is what I run. I have 12 cameras on 1 cell plan that cost me $15/month. I eat batteries for breakfast though. Some of the things I've done is switch backs from AA's to D's and added the extra D battery pack. But you can use solar also. Each "extra" just adds $$$ though.

I have too much money tied up in trail cams but I have no complaints out of my cuddebacks.
    I have some cuddeback I bought last year but didn't put them out yet. I was wanting to work out all the bugs before I tried putting them on a cell plan. I'm planning on using Ds and a solar panel

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I've got moultries. They are good cameras. They just released a new one that doesn't require and SD card for right at $100/camera.
    Moultries take great pictures but I've never been able to get one to last an entire season for nothing. Lithium batteries. Try to mount them so they're not getting cooked in the sun. Customer service is worse than Walmart.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I’m running 5 Spartans. Four-Go Cams and one Go Live. The oldest was purchased August 2019 and has taken 32k pictures. They use Verizon cell service and my plans are through Spartan. I buy three month data plans and put multiple cameras on each plan so it’s around $8/month/camera.

No issues with any of them.
    Last edited by dfasano; 08-05-2022 at 10:07 AM.

I/we have 7 spypoints running at and around the club. Probably more than I know. When we have had an issue, an update has usually resolved it. When I have needed customer service, it has been good. One camera went out. Replaced by spypoint after they tapped in to it and couldn't jump it off.

Those cameras have been used primarily for deer and security some. We did get one fella stealing crap off of a neighboring club.

About to try the new spypoints which, upon reading, seem to be a significant upgrade from their previous models and a lot of the competition. Works on AT&T or Verizon, meaning you do not have to have a different camera for each provider. I think the new ones are $169.

Lithium batteries make a huge difference. Using the correct card is a challenge for some as are reading the instructions. Cameras are not necessarily plug and play.

The cost of the plans and service more than make up the cost of gas.

Note: Cameras used for hunting are being outlawed in some states. Various reasons for this.
    Last edited by rp; 08-05-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Tactacams have been great for me. I use external batteries.

Another vote for Tactacam

Tactacam with reaktor solar panel/battery for power. No issues

https://elusivewildlife.com/shop/kil...ower-pack.html
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Keen ranger pt it is a realolink , I have the white version that I have had for 2 years. Pan ,zoom, record tilt, if you can get mint mobile it will be 15 dollars a month