Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellular Game Cameras

Default Cellular Game Cameras

I know nothing about them, looking to get a few, maybe 4 or 5. Do you have to get a plan for each one of them? Can you get one plan and network them together? There’s a lot of them out now in the $120-$180 range, which ones are best.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I bought two tactacams, one has been flawless, one just quit working after 5 months.

Haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet.

I've never had an issue with Tactacams and have 4 out right now. I think it's $10 per camera a month. I tried Coverts, Spypoints and Stealthcams and they all died in short order.

I think Spartan is the best on the market but not sure the juice is worth the squeeze. Especially with the new tactacams having video request. Meaning you can request the video taken at the same time a certain picture was taken.

I "think" the only cameras that network together are cuddeback cuddelink, which is what I run. I have 12 cameras on 1 cell plan that cost me $15/month. I eat batteries for breakfast though. Some of the things I've done is switch backs from AA's to D's and added the extra D battery pack. But you can use solar also. Each "extra" just adds $$$ though.

I have too much money tied up in trail cams but I have no complaints out of my cuddebacks.

This thread will give you no conclusion no matter how long it goes. Regular trail cameras are made to take game pictures and $50 ones do so well. Cell cameras are made to transmit said photos. None do both well on a regular basis.

I have the moultries deltas. I really like them. I havnt had a problem with them and the plans are reasonable. They have a bundle package.

A84239A0-9962-4398-8414-1F647D2986EA.jpg

Spartan, I’ve had a few for 3-4 years and not an issue, even when some trespassing asshole shot it with turkey load, damn thing still works. They’re actually one sale right now.
    Last edited by buckpro; 08-04-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Hated spypoint. Tactacam has worked well so far. Buddy on here does well with the cuddeback linked system.
    Carolina Counsel

I had 11 tactacams running since 2020 and only had issues with 1. In the process of dealing with their customer service now. I think it’s around $11/mth/camera give or take

Quote Originally Posted by CLEMSONDUCKHUNTER View Post
    This thread will give you no conclusion no matter how long it goes. Regular trail cameras are made to take game pictures and $50 ones do so well. Cell cameras are made to transmit said photos. None do both well on a regular basis.
    Best advice you’ll receive.
    Go Tigers!!!

Spypoint flex. Lithium batteries.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Spartan if you can afford it.

Batteries are almost as important as the camera. Get the lithiums. Others will destroy your camera

This will be my third season with stealth cams. No issues $5 month per camera

I had cuddeback with cuddelink system before that and it was absolute garbage. I had to send 3 of 4 cameras back. I still have the whole set up if anyone is interested but be warned!

Running a few Reveal XB and bought the solar panels to go with them and so far they’ve been great
    80-20 Genaration

So, most of you are running batteries and not solar chargers? I see a lot of new models with built in solar. My son is the one who really wants them. I rarely check the regular ones. If the feeder/food on the ground is gone and there’s deer and pig tracks, that means deer and pigs are coming to the feeder. I’m good with that, Jack just wants to see what’s coming and when. Probably watching too many shows , I’m trying to teach him it’s about more than the kill or knowing what’s there, not knowing to me is more fun.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, most of you are running batteries and not solar chargers? I see a lot of new models with built in solar. My son is the one who really wants them. I rarely check the regular ones. If the feeder/food on the ground is gone and there’s deer and pig tracks, that means deer and pigs are coming to the feeder. I’m good with that, Jack just wants to see what’s coming and when. Probably watching too many shows , I’m trying to teach him it’s about more than the kill or knowing what’s there, not knowing to me is more fun.
    Lithiums last a year or more in most cameras. Some ppl I know use the rechargeable lithium’s

I have 3 of the Bushnell core 20 cameras. They seem to work good. I wanted to get one of the Core 30 cameras but they weren't out when I bought. Battery life seems to be excellent. I put one out with lithium and one out with regular batteries just to see if I could tell a big difference. Both are a couple months in on original batteries and show 100% so I don't know how correct that is. Both still send pics regularly. They do not send video, the Core 30 does from my understanding. 2000 pics per month for $10 and unlimited pics for $15... if you have the Core 30 it's my understanding the $15 included unlimited video as well. This per camera.

I bought these because of the price and reviews on the Trail Camera Pro website/youtube channel. I will say the trigger is a little slower than some of my regular trail cameras. The flash has a longer range than I am used to. Gets out there pretty dang far. Super simple to set up. I would buy again even with the slower trigger time.

Another vote for Tactacam

I've been very happy with Moultries. I just run the good lithium batteries. Probably change 2 times depending on activity before the end of deer season.

I've got moultries. They are good cameras. They just released a new one that doesn't require and SD card for right at $100/camera.