Thread: Hand held rope wick herbicide applicator?

Default Hand held rope wick herbicide applicator?

Anybody use one? Do they work well. It looks like it would be great for very precise spot treatments and getting those strangler weeds without hoeing or broadcast spraying.

Interesting. Nobody has tried them. I ordered one and will report back if it works like I hope it will. I have some rows in the sunflowers that got missed with the sprayer and sesbania and crotalaria have grown head high.

Let us know. I've seen them but never tried one. You getting a hand held one or one that mounts to the tractor bucket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I received the wand and used it on some test weeds. It'll take a couple weeks to see how well it worked since I used Roundup. It did seem to apply liquid sparingly to the leaves of anything I touched. Morning Glory vines wanted to tangle with it and if you get it snagged on briars, they want to pull the rope out of the grommets if they aren't sufficiently tightened. I wish I had gotten it sooner before the scattered sesbania and crotalaria got to the size of small trees in my sunflowers. It beats the hell out of hoeing.

https://www.agrisupply.com/rope-wick...c08fc06d222c5c

Yes they work very well. We use them in the peanut fields

I've seen a YouTube video where the guy makes basically the same thing . Been thinking about making one but might buy this instead.