Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Los Suenos Costa Rica

I wouldn’t. Didn’t mean to imply that. I think we have a better chance at sails than marlin, but hope to catch both.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    We'll be in quepos in November and are also looking for a boat
    The Frenzy Boat is who I’d go with if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

$2600 aint bad for a full day charter. Diesel not cheap...

Can also vouch for Frenzy if fishing in Quepos. Well run operation and good charter boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    Can also vouch for Frenzy if fishing in Quepos. Well run operation and good charter boat.
    Jose and Marco know what they are doing!!! Marco is an absolute unit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Just ran in to this tournament issue today. Spendy is right and there appears to be a touch of a shortage, particularly for smaller operators. Getting quotes of $2600-2800 per day. No idea what is typical daily but thought it would be closer to even $2k.
    I want to say I paid 1500/ day on Maverick boats at least 15 years ago. Those numbers aren’t terrible. Just what it cost. I know guys running charters in a Freeman getting that now in Charleston. Much longer runs but not close to the billfish opportunities you’ll have in Los Suenos. My girls didn’t want to fish second day on that particular trip so I went alone and went 18/30 by myself in the cockpit. Not lights out percentage wise. But told captain I wanted to hook all my own fish. He was smiling after about number 5. Hope you get in them like that.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Trey good friend got back last week…..fished with Capt Frank on Bigeye Charters out of Quespos…..great results in a slow time of yr.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    $2600 aint bad for a full day charter. Diesel not cheap...
    does that include A/C?
    asking for a friend....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

why Kevin, whatever do you mean?

Got to have angel breath when fishing in CR!

I was told the big black marlin bite heats up in Pinas Bay next month.

i like to be comfortable when I watch you offshore people run around and point at stuff.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just saw where Bubba Carter was 59/77 on blue marlin on a 4 day seamount trip. Thats good fishing

All off one log they followed

We got back a couple days ago, thankful the timing worked out, flying through Miami would be a little sketchy right now. Ended up fishing with the Frenzy and had an awesome trip. Ended up with 4 marlin, 3 sails, and a mahi/dolphin/dorado. Hooked up on 2 other marlin that got off and missed at least a couple more. They estimated the biggest marlin at 200-250lbs.