Thread: 2017 F-150 10 speed transmission

Default 2017 F-150 10 speed transmission

Anybody else have a problem with an erratic 10 speed transmission? Mine has started slamming when downshifting and it feels like it misses gears upshifting. Often, putting it in drive it feels like it wants to lurch forward. It's not constant, but it's there enough to be a problem. Google shows that a lot of folks have had problems, but I haven't found any solutions or how it's been resolved.

90,000 miles

There is a tsb for trans reprogramming

They are thinking it's related to this:

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...-engine-rattle

The first thing that they did before I ended up replacing stuff was to flash or reprogram the computer to see if it would help. It didn't, so they replaced stuff, but didn't take the computer back to "stock". Shortly after is when the mis-shifting started.

So, we'll see if this fixes it.

What are they doing this time to “fix” it?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    What are they doing this time to “fix” it?
    Take the computer settings back to how they were originally. I'm probably not using the right terminology.

Dealership?
    More fuel = more boost!!

There is no fix to that piece of shit. I went round and round with mine and ford's "fix" never worked the 8 times it was in the shop. I finally traded it.

Quote Originally Posted by MudCat05 View Post
    There is no fix to that piece of shit. I went round and round with mine and ford's "fix" never worked the 8 times it was in the shop. I finally traded it.
    I didn’t want to be that guy. 10 speed? 1st year of it?

How can the dealer get away with feeding you a line of shit?

I’m sure Rubberhead or that Jimmy cat can explain how the electronic solenoids are not working correctly.
    More fuel = more boost!!

My 19 does it every now a then, mostly happens when truck is “cold” and I jump right in and go without letting it warm up for a minute. Go to pull out and it’ll go from 2nd to 8th and then slam back to 3rd or 4th. After that it’s fine...
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Yall aren't making feel real good.

I’m sure Rubberhead or that Jimmy cat can explain how the electronic solenoids are not working correctly.
    I bought it used and had problems from day one. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. Put 3 sets of cM phasers in it,reprogrammed I don't know how many times, tore the transmission out of it twice and could find nothing wrong. The final deal was when it stranded me in Arkansas. In Nashville it started shifting all over and got stuck in a gear. Blew trans fluid all over the truck but never showed overheating. Drove it to the nearest exit. Shut it off and restarted and I guess reset the computer bc then it was fine. Took it to a dealership and they worked on it for 3 weeks and could find nothing. I drove it home and it was all over the place shifting. I ordered a truck traded it as soon as it came in.

I bought it used and had problems from day one. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. Put 3 sets of cM phasers in it,reprogrammed I don't know how many times, tore the transmission out of it twice and could find nothing wrong. The final deal was when it stranded me in Arkansas. In Nashville it started shifting all over and got stuck in a gear. Blew trans fluid all over the truck but never showed overheating. Drove it to the nearest exit. Shut it off and restarted and I guess reset the computer bc then it was fine. Took it to a dealership and they worked on it for 3 weeks and could find nothing. I drove it home and it was all over the place shifting. I ordered a truck traded it as soon as it came in.

I have a 21 model with 25,000 miles with the 5.0 with the 10 speed. It does it erratically. I may be fine for 3 or 4 days then it starts. I thought the ass end fell out of it on the interstate Thursday. Around town it slams when going from 7th to 6th gear. Ford service manager acknowledges that there is a issue with the 10 speed. Basically says drive it until it falls apart unless I want it sitting in there shop for a few weeks until they can get to it.

Dealership?
    yes

In all honesty, it's better than it was, but it's still not like it was before. It's not lurching forward when I put it in drive like it was before, but occasionally the transmission will drop into a gear too low when slowing down. Makes me think I just ran over a log in the road.