Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Officially in Recession

Default Officially in Recession

Now that we are in 2 consecutive quarters with negative growth, we are officially in a Recession. However, not according to the liberal media or the Biden administration. SMH. Can you imagine if Trump were still at the helm and we entered a Recession like we are now? There would be 24 hours of media coverage with headlines of "America in Peril" or "Trumps Recession". But since its just some old senile democrat, things are just going fine. Its transitory. Or we are in transition to green energy. Suck it up dumb Americans.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gdp-us-economy-2022-q2/

They won’t define a woman. It’s no surprise to me they change the definition of a recession.

Easy if you just change the rules.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

They did the same with the CDC's definition of "vaccine".

Webster, I'm told and have not confirmed, followed suit.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Even if they told the truth, no amount of media will have the impact that % increases on monthly household bills is fixing to have on Americans...

Purely anecdotal, but based on my current backlog of commercial construction jobs it sure doesn't feel like we are in a recession to me.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobieMcDoobie View Post
    Purely anecdotal, but based on my current backlog of commercial construction jobs it sure doesn't feel like we are in a recession to me.
    Commercial and residential construction are usually 18-24 months behind a lot of businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    They did the same with the CDC's definition of "vaccine".

Webster, I'm told and have not confirmed, followed suit.
    and "age adjusted Death rate" among vaccinated and unvaxxed. Mind BOTTLING
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobieMcDoobie View Post
    Yeah, I’m backed up about 8-12 months now. I keep telling my guys and subs to put a chunk away though. When the music stops it’ll hit like a freight train.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

But at least now we have the 1st female VP who announces her pronouns and what color suit she is wearing.

it’s nothing we didn’t know yesterday or last week or see coming the past year.5

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

It’s the weirdest recession in history. Times are pretty dang good to be in a technical recession

My question is, will land prices fall? I'm in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    That will depend largely in part on where you are looking. If prices fall in Charleston, it won't be by much.
    DILLIGAF

They should, but I hope you have cash. The lower cost will be offset by the higher interest rates.

edit: At least for a little while. Many folks are predicting rates to start dropping by the end of next year.
    Last edited by wob; 07-28-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    They should, but I hope you have cash. The lower cost will be offset by the higher interest rates.

edit: At least for a little while. Many folks are predicting rates to start dropping by the end of next year.
    I have a feel they will not get high enough to deter new buyers.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Been looking myself and prices are nearly double the prices in the same area a year ago on land watch. Waited to long i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post

Of course they will because it will be the woke election year again for prez and they will rig another one. FJB and the REST OF THE DEMS
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Manchin folded as predicted so we will blow another 700 Billion on climate change BS and waste. Don't know if Sinema is still holding out.
    Last edited by centurian; 07-28-2022 at 01:53 PM.