Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Was the engine screaming like all gas vehicles do towing at high speed? This has been my concern with the new 2500 gas trucks.
    I never hear the engine scream towing or otherwise. I actually have to lock out 9th gear towing at times because it drops down. 70mph towing a 20' deckover with a Kubota SVL75, forks and grapple I'll run 23-2500. It'll drop down on a bigger hill but nothing crazy. Of course, mine is tuned, 4.30 and already has an exhaust on it. Put a Whipple or ProCharger on it and you have a rocket ship.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I'm in a rental 2500 RAM right now while my HD is in the body shop(damn 4 weeks now for a 3k repair from someone backing into me in a parking lot, after waiting almost 3 months for body shop appt since it was still driveable). 6.4 HEMI equipped....had 3.5K miles on it when I picked it up, just under 7k now. Truck has to be the worst power train combination I have ever driven. Sporty acceleration for a bigger truck but the shuddering at idle, searching for gears, and the cylinder deactivation is nothing short of annoying as hell. I would avoid one at all costs...
    I was more poking fun at the GM homers, neither the 6.4L Hemi or 6.6L GM are in the same class as the 7.3L, more like the 6.2L base Ford.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I was more poking fun at the GM homers, neither the 6.4L Hemi or 6.6L GM are in the same class as the 7.3L, more like the 6.2L base Ford.
    Understood...just couldn't believe what a POS a brand new truck is. Nor how they actually sell any of them...

Was the engine screaming like all gas vehicles do towing at high speed? This has been my concern with the new 2500 gas trucks.
    I have never heard that noise. My only complaint about that and any new truck is that you have to press several acknowledgement buttons when you start towing.

Trailer detected OK
    Back up sensors disabled OK
    Sometimes if it is a random trailer you also get
    Lanes changes Sensors disabled OK

I miss the days of getting in a truck and just driving the damn thing. Sometimes I feel like I am getting ready to fly and airplane.
    Last edited by DJP; 07-25-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Just filled up at $4.99 a gallon. Crazy to think that's a "good" price for fuel nowadays.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    And NASCAR is going electric... WTF is this world coming to?
    Link? If they do the shit show will be gone forever.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Link? If they do the shit show will be gone forever.
    NASCAR launching electric racing series in 2023, leaked documents say

Last edited by wob; 07-25-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Gay as aids. I bet that circuit will be known as "Nathcar".

I couldn't imagine going to a track and having it sound like a golf cart parade.

edit: They'll probably pump music in like pro sports.
    Last edited by wob; 07-25-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Formula 1 already has that electric shit. Diesel at 8-9/gallon blows our economy to oblivion. At $5 plus per gallon we're sitting on 40 year high inflation. Fed can't raise rates high enough to offset inflation caused by $9/gallon diesel. Everything, literally everything you have gets to you by jet fuel or diesel somewhere along the route.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I couldn't imagine going to a track and having it sound like a golf cart parade.

edit: They'll probably pump music in like pro sports.
    I remember hearing someone say you can choose which kind of car engine sound you want your tesla to play. From a 60's hot rod to a japanese street drifter. Not sure if it's true but it's stamped pretty hard in my memory as having heard it .
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-25-2022 at 02:54 PM.

great... I wonder if there's an option for rusted out hondas with glass packs

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Gay as aids. I bet that circuit will be known as "Nathcar".
    Laughed out loud when I realized what you'd done.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I can’t stand hearing that high rpm of a gas motor….how did gm leave the 6.0 in 2500’s so long? It is a snail
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

The new NASCAR? From stock car to slot car.

I guess everybody threw away their biodiesel making machines years ago? Haven't smelled any french fries cooking in years.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I used to have a 2011 F350 with the 6.7 diesel. I liked the truck, but like all diesels every little thing from oil changes to more important things were expensive compared to gas. I didn’t tow heavy enough to justify it and sold it.

A while back I bought a 2011 F350 with a gas engine. So far I like it a lot. Only time the motor comes close to “screaming” is coming up the last leg of the mountain hauling a 23’ Grady White with twin engines on it. That’s a pretty steep grade and you’ll see any one towing a load going slower, typically.

You can tune, cold air intake, exhaust, and everything goggle said to do . But you still spent more money on top of what you paid for a 2500 gas and it still will not come close to the power of any stock 2500 diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I listened to an economist this weekend who feels that diesel will be $8-9 before it is all over. That really hurts
    I don’t think the feds will allow that to happen.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    I can’t stand hearing that high rpm of a gas motor….how did gm leave the 6.0 in 2500’s so long? It is a snail
    They’re still used as the powerplants in UPS trucks, lot of them being converted to natural gas.