Thread: 542 Prop

Default 542 Prop

Looking for prop recommendations. It’s a 542 war eagle with a 16 Yamaha F25. Motor is raised in the transom. With the current solas Saturn stainless 10 3/4 x 10 I’m maxed out on rpm’s (6200 verified with a analog tech) If I stay with a solas stainless prop they drop in diameter with the increase in pitch or should I look at power tech. Possibly the SRA3 11-12.

I have a 1548 Duracraft with a Yamaha 2 stroke 25. The other day with one at the motor and a gas tank in the boat, it got to 33 on a lake. Not going with a river. It has a new solar 13P on it. I think it came from Iboat.com or something like that.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Sra3 12 or 13 pitch will do you fine.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by elcit14 View Post
    Looking for prop recommendations. It’s a 542 war eagle with a 16 Yamaha F25. Motor is raised in the transom. With the current solas Saturn stainless 10 3/4 x 10 I’m maxed out on rpm’s (6200 verified with a analog tech) If I stay with a solas stainless prop they drop in diameter with the increase in pitch or should I look at power tech. Possibly the SRA3 11-12.
    Pm willyworm,hes your man on this subject

Tried but his inbox is maxed out

order a 13pitch SRA3. Best all around yamaha 25 prop made, unless you can find a turbo hot shot 13. Not sure if they still make them or not. SRA4 12 pitch will get on plane a bit quicker but it is slower top end.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Thanks gentlemen. PT talked me into the 12p so I’ve got one on order.

Keep us posted on the results. I'm still running my stock aluminum prop on a similar setup, 542 WE with a 2018 F25. With the OEM prop which is nicked up a bit and showing some age I'm still running 25 - 27 loaded down. I can push 30 - 31 running light.

I got an older johnson(2004) 25 on my waterfowler 15. Same old original style prop on that. I know johnson was never known for speed but wouldnt mind getting a little more mph out of it. I looked at a new suzuki 25 or 30 and was quoted 5100. Hard pass on that

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Pm willyworm,hes your man on this subject
    I don't know about that... bulk of my experience is with 40/50hp and up. Never messed with many of the smaller enough to speak from experience.

If there were no one else to provide 1st hand experience I could probably get ya in the ballpark but it'd be a best guess kinda thing.

Phone man is gonna be one of the best sources of info thus far as he's done a similar set up before.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-20-2022 at 03:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I’ll see what happens. Power tech is 3 weeks out on props.

Might want to buy from Dan's Discount Props. If it ain't just right you can swap out for a relatively small restocking fee... it's easier and quicker than trying to unload it at a loss.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-31-2022 at 12:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft