Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 5 Used SUV's?

Bring me $44k and you can take this Tundra from me.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Woody, most adjusters have a very heavy workload these days. Figure what your vehicle is worth online(NADA).and see if they make you a fair offer before you try to play F Lee Bailey.

I wouldn't want a salvage title.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I agree that I wouldn’t want to mess with a Salvage title unless it was for a vehicle to keep on a very large tract of land, etc. I just want to understand what it’s all about.

I have sent everything to the independent consultant/appraiser and asked him if it’s worth his pressing for more as I feel they’ve undercut me by several thousand.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Update, fwiw... I was finally successful in forcing the insurance company to stop playing games and to follow my policy/contract language in regards to my demand to move the negotiation on a final payout price to two independent appraisers. It took my 'threat' to file a complaint with the SC Department of Insurance on them for 'Willfull Breach of Contract', and, suddenly, my file was outsourced. Surprise!

Since a salvage title can't get full insurance, I'm not going to mess with it, although a local body show owner might be interested. She's supposed to call me back.

So, for the question for the 'Brain Trust' here.... I'm pretty much settled on a Toyota 4Runner, with a Honda Passport as a possibility. I'm looking primarily at the 2010-2013 range... 4WD, preferred... the 4.0L V6... tow package... etc.

My question is "What is the highest mileage level you'd consider for a primary vehicle, considering it normally gets less than 5K miles per year put on it?".

I'm not concerned about a Toyota engine going less than 400K with decent maintenance attention.

The only major issue I've noted in almost all of the 4Runners I've checked out is that few of them have an undercoating and rust a corrosion is a major issue with some. I've got a 22 year old Land Cruiser with 179K on it and nary a single spot of rust can be found other than the wheel hubs, etc.

Btw, if you know anyone selling, or thinking of selling, a 4Runner in that year range, or similar, or a Honda Passport, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'