Thread: Cicada season

Default Cicada season

Well the cicadas are back and that means the copperheadedrattlemoccasins are moving about more.
    AD5E58C6-80D7-4279-8E6E-44F6481A3F61.jpg

Since this is right behind the house where the dog and kids play they don’t get a pass.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Got within about 4” of getting bit by a 14” copperhead about 3 weeks ago. He got the business end of a shovel.

I’ll be hunting them every night.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Had one show up last month while camping at Tuck in the Woods. We were enjoying breakfast by the fire and my wife spotted it.

Our daughter (4 yrs old) wanted to get closer to it right about the time I realized it was a copperhead. I told her to sit her butt down haha.

Slammed a piece of firewood on him to mangle him up a bit then used a hatchet to kill him. Eventful morning!

He blends in very well. Took me a minute to find him.

Them copperheads been around along way since yall have.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It’s always this time of year when I go sit out on the deck every evening looking for them. 2 years ago I saw 9 in a 5 day period.

Dang chuck that’s a lot. Where are you at that you see that many?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Heritage farm. Across from Rocky creek elementary.