Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venice Charter

I'm booked for my birthday week in October with Reel Shot Guide Service. Appears to be a great outfit for the inshore trips. Also offers a snapper add on an extra 100 bucks. Will give a report after the trip.

http://www.reelshotfishing.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Test View Post
    Bobby Warren is my favorite , have been with a few others but he was the best for inshore. Has a 22-23 bayboat and can handle several fisherman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    My friend has fished with Bobby for 20 years. Artificial only. I went last year. Great time.
    Another plug for Bobby. I've fished with him 3 times and have had friends that have fished with him twice a year for 20 years. Have sent several other friends to him as well. He never disappoints
    Last edited by Gut_Pile; 07-19-2022 at 10:34 AM.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Ok I've got some good recs in here and I appreciate it.

The main purpose is to get my dad on the water for his bucket list and he wants to do it with family. That means husbands/wives, kids, and grandkids. My sister/brother-n-law/ their 2 boys are avid fisherman. I can hold my own. My dad can hold his own. My step-mon and my wife have never been fishing like this and my son has never been on a boat (yeah I suck as a dad but there are health reasons why he doesn't go out that we are working on diligently). I've fished with my dad and brother-n-law on bay boats and flats boats in Charleston and we are fine. Adding one inexperienced to it makes it different altogether but that is part of the experience. I'd rather my wife and son catch fish and I catch memories for inshore. Now I've never fished rigs and I want to participate fully in that one but I expect it will only be 5 of us on that trip.

Just an FYI, there ain’t anything to do in Venice if you aren’t fishing or drinking. So if the wives and children are sitting a day or two out they may get bored unless they drive up to New Orleans.

Also if the whole family is going I probably would recommend not staying on the marina grounds. Go with a guide service that has a lodge up the road.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Just an FYI, there ain’t anything to do in Venice if you aren’t fishing or drinking. So if the wives and children are sitting a day or two out they may get bored unless they drive up to New Orleans.

Also if the whole family is going I probably would recommend not staying on the marina grounds. Go with a guide service that has a lodge up the road.
    Solid advice. Venice is not very pretty.

We did a bachelor party with Bobby two years ago and fished 12 guys on three boats.

Second on not staying in Venice with wife and kids. It's fun to eat some food, drink beer, and watch what the off shore boats bring in for the day but the wow factor of that wears off pretty quickly. When the sun starts setting you have three options, drink beer in the crowded restaurant/bar, drink beer outside and get eaten alive by the 8,000,000 mosquitos, or go drink beer in your room.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

All that to say I could drink beer and eat crawfish on the deck until I passed out though.

Also limit yourself to one bushwhacker if you want to remember anything and/or stay married.
    Last edited by Buckin Bronco; 07-19-2022 at 12:55 PM.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Just an FYI, there ain’t anything to do in Venice if you aren’t fishing or drinking or smoking crystal meth.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

House is already booked by my dad...at the marina and i know it will not be a vacation like stay but the kids can fish off the dock if they want. I questioned it but that is what he wanted to do. And yes, already reviewed going into New Orleans one day. We are getting in on Sunday and leaving Thursday.

my thoughts are:

Sunday night - eat at the house with whatever we stop and grab.
    Monday - Inshore fishing/ dinner at Crawgators
    Tuesday - day trip to New Orleans/ night bowfishing with my wife (something she mentioned and I am all for it)
    Wed - oil rig for guys

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    FIFY
    Didn’t want to scare the guy off. Should be an educational family vacation.

Adderall is better than dollars down there. FYI
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Changes Restaurant has incredible food and run by great folks!

Definitely not a lot to do in Venice. Hunt up Walter Heathcock. He owns Fin Twisters Guide Service and get him to take the girls and kids on an airboat ride. He's an inshore guide but will do airboat rides, hog and nutria rat hunts. He's a trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I managed to not smoke meth when I lived down there- the marina isn’t bad but definitely not a place I’d subject my wife and kids to for more than a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    I managed to not smoke meth when I lived down there- the marina isn’t bad but definitely not a place I’d subject my wife and kids to for more than a day or two.
    Me either. But they say that Cajun meth is the ticket..
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Me either. But they say that Cajun meth is the ticket..
    I’ll have to remember that-

Fishing with Bobby and Paradise in two weeks. Can't wait.