Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gettin it done

I don't know crap about the inshore fishing, but today was awesome...at least for me.
    We got out in the creek about 12:15 and had non stop action the rest of the day. I caught 2 nice bass on my first 2 casts and was stoked. The next few hrs went pretty much the same with consistent action.
    The cool part came after I caught one of the bass and hammered down on a flounder on a float 'rig!!! Would've never believed it if I did'nt catch it myself. Time passed with many more bass in between when the bottom rig I had bowed over and I snatched it.....nice trout!!!
    Completed my 1st inshore slam in the lowcountry!!!! I've never been a fan of the inshore fishing or have tried it that often but today was great. We were in the fish all day. Got pics and will post. Had a lot fun....lots of fun when the offshore is fubar. Ready to get em again

YA KILLIN' ME OD!
    Between these dang storms and other obligations I havn't been in 3 weeks....STARTING TO GET ILL!!

Roll that bu-tee-full fish footage.
    \"BANG BANG...Wish they\'d give me some bullets for this gun!\"....Joey from \"Shane\"

Nice, It is time for the fall bite. Where were you fishing. Not the exact location but just the general body of water. I'm trying down the Cooper this wkend.
    easy livin'

Claimer,
    We were fishing a lot of the creeks around Wassaw Sound here in GA.

Shrimp or finger mullet???
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

as you get older, the inshore fishing is going to become more attractive....... but offshore is still my #1 game.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

Thanks OSD, If you ever get around McClellanville I have a place there. My dad stays up on the fish there.
    easy livin'

S&A,
    The shrimp were on fire when we 1st started and then they slowed down. We then starting catching fish on finger mullet and small pogies. We had a really good mix of bait. Best bite seemed to be the first 2 hrs of the incoming tide.

Dukmon is right. When you're 60 all you'll want to do is creek fish. I have seen it happen to countless men.

i must be 60....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

...me too!

There you go again JR, wanting to be like your hero 2th... [img]graemlins/devil-flip.gif[/img]
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Originally posted by dukmon:
    as you get older, the inshore fishing is going to become more attractive....... but offshore is still my #1 game.
    Boy, what are you talkin about...you ain't got no game! [img]graemlins/moon2.gif[/img]

kiss my ass whistle........... you oil camp creek hillbilly.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

How much intelligence does it take to wake up one day and say to yourself "Self, you been pouring money down down that black hole in the water for 25 years. You might have averaged 12 trips a year, six of which beat your brains out. Of the remaining 6, two were water hauls. Of the remaining 4, you limped home on one engine once, caught 2 dolphin once, and TWO were nice days AND you caught some good fish. I think its time to take up creek fishing".

Amen...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

GMAC sounds like you had those fish whittled down to 6 or 7000 dollars each. Thats prolly 15000 a pound for meat. Dam what a deal. I figured the cost of my ducks one year. I'll never do that again.
    easy livin'

Damn right. The cost/benefit analysis gets ugly.

Oh, did I mention those other offshore delights?
    Like watching a $ 1,500.00 rod&reel go rocketing out of the rod holder and splashing down 30 yards behind the boat, because the center rigger clip refused to release?

And my favorite, horsing in a fish before that shark shadowing it bites it in half, only to discover that you've backed over a leader, and somebody has to go over the side and cut it loose? ("Hell no, not me. Did you see the size of that bastard?") If the shark doesn't get you, maybe you can get the job done without the prop, which is dancing violently 3 feet in every direction, chops your head open.

The good part about inshore is rods are 100 tackle is cheap and you can get by with an inexpensive rig. When I fish from McVille there are a lot of 30000 dollar flats boats but I put just as many fish on deck as them. I also don't cry when I brush an oyster rock.
    easy livin'

I'm with you boys on the inshore/offshore preference thing. I have always thought it better to have a friend or relative with a diesel-chugging convertible with air conditioning and an arsenal of Tiagras......than own one myself.