Thread: Anyone heard anything?

Search suspended for missing man after boating accident

APRIL 3, 2005 -- Two South Carolina fisherman were pulled out of the water, but one is still missing after a boat accident about 50 miles off the coast of Cape Fear.

According to the coast guard, about 2:00 pm Saturday, a container ship came across debris from a fishing vessel, "The Tracy Lynn," and found a man in the water.

Darrell Dessent, age 41, was rescued from the water by crew members aboard the ship.

Another person was found in the water near a life raft, Gary McCombs, age 46, was taken to New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Mccombs is now in fair condition.

The other man on the vessel, 37-year-old Johnny Brown, is still missing.

All three men are from Murrells Inlet, South Carolina.

The coast guard says one of the fishermen told his rescuers that the "Tracy Lynn" sank after a wave hit them.

The men were fishing in 12 ft. seas with winds between 40 and 60 knots.

Here is the link to the story with a video link.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp...98&nav=2gQcYDi
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Not to make light of the situation... I have been out there many times when the weather was not good... but who would go fising in 10' seas with a 40mph wind? You could not keep bait in the water...???
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I had heard that 2 were rescued and that the missing guy had "graduated from the SC School for Deaf and Blind". They were supposedly fishing in 12 foot seas. That is some rough water...

I may be wrong but I think this is a commercial snapper/grouper boat. Hell of a way to make a living.

They found him...evidently he was trying to rescue a black CU attendee who stole more concrete that he could swim with.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

They found the other man late yesterday dead.
    The McCombs guy was almost drowned by the ship trying to rescue them. As the ship would go up a wave the suction caused by it leaving the water would pull him under and then when it came back down it would shoot him back up. Pretty dang scary. This is all first hand info from commercial guys up here in NC that know the victims. I'm up here at the mouth of the Cape Fear now and it's been bad the last week or so. I could'nt imagine being out there this past weekend with the wind we had here. 55 miles SE of here would've put them real close to the Steeples/Blackjack areas.

Damn
    She was long and lean every young mans dream

I can't believe those guys even went out!
    Good to talk, see you out there!