Thread: Insecticide

Default Insecticide

Had a decent looking garden growing until the last few days. Storm killed most of my corn, squash dies on the vine and my cabbage is getting eaten. We’re growing serious okra and peppers though.

I need something I can spray to kill insects. Been using Sevin but it’s not working. What’s the best thing to use.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

DDT works really well.

Hi-Yield garden and farm insect control.

Bifenthrin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

92374DB2-EF91-40C7-85FF-5C0C284C81D6.jpg

And I’m running a special on it. This week only.

Bifen.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

I used Bifen for general pest control in an around the house and it’s great but….

Bifen IT is not labeled to treat edible plants and should not be used on or near where it could come into contact with your garden

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I used Bifen for general pest control in an around the house and it’s great but….

Bifen IT is not labeled to treat edible plants and should not be used on or near where it could come into contact with your garden

Not trying to be argumentive but genuinely curious as I use Bifen a lot. Wouldn't using it in your house for general pest control allow for possible contact with items that you eat from your garden?
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

Chlordane is the stuff. Wish I could still buy some. Hell on termites
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSTICK069 View Post
    Not trying to be argumentive but genuinely curious as I use Bifen a lot. Wouldn't using it in your house for general pest control allow for possible contact with items that you eat from your garden?
    I'm just stating what the label states. But to answer your question, I think I'm okay spraying my baseboards and thresholds.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post

Doesn’t work that way. Maybe the label you got is labeled only for household and yards. Other labels/concentrations might be rated for all those things and vegetables. Some labels are only labeled for vegetables and turf. But you don’t have to take my word for it…

https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/tomato-insect-pests/
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!