Thread: .300 Blackout Ranch Rifle

Default .300 Blackout Ranch Rifle

I've seen a few videos of the Ruger model suppressed and they sound impressive. Anybody have first hand experience with one?

They are great for the money. I’ve shot t a buddies. I ended up having one built for me on the 700 platform by a local gun smith and waiting on it now.
    Last edited by Biggie1976; 07-05-2022 at 06:04 PM.

I bought one a few months ago, I don't know how it is now but it was hard for me to find in stock. Bolt is the opposite of smooth but its accurate and silly quiet with a Silencerco omega and hornady subs. I'm hoping to find some Hornady Sub X before deer season and see how they perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh View Post
    I bought one a few months ago, I don't know how it is now but it was hard for me to find in stock. Bolt is the opposite of smooth but its accurate and silly quiet with a Silencerco omega and hornady subs. I'm hoping to find some Hornady Sub X before deer season and see how they perform.
    Let me know how those work. I just got some of the Gorilla subs to try out this year.

Hornady subs are nasty in the 300 blackout.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

What kind of range do you think you can get with those?

Default .300 Blackout Ranch Rifle

Keep this going. Would love any/all input.

300BO is definitely quiet subs/suppressed w equivalent of about a .45 pistol. Edit: Equivalent energy wise

I have shot them suppressed subsonic and I have been waiting 14 damn months on a suppressor and have NO sub ammo as it had been tough to find and I want a good round and not some shit that is left over that no one wants.

I am aware of expansion issues with lower velocities and understand the limitations of the round etc.

First hand accounts are welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 07-05-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    What kind of range do you think you can get with those?
    Ballistics and trajectory charts are widely posted online. Short answer is not what you get with a traditional round. It is very specifically designed for certain uses but man are they quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow the blue line...

blktrajectory.png

Resurrecting this- any ammo?

This is what I got after reading a bunch of articles and reviews. I got on their waiting list and finally got notified a couple weeks ago it was in stock.

https://www.gorillaammo.com/product/...-box-subsonic/
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 07-06-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Lehigh makes bullets and cartridges specifically for low velocity hunting. I've had good results with them on deer. They're not cheap.

Not subs but available it seems

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ammo...+Only+In+Stock

I have an AR in 300BO, really surprised how quiet it is with the suppressor, even with non-subsonic ammo. Cant wait to shoot something this year with it. I would like the bolt action ruger tho, I remember seeing them at the cola fairground gun show years ago for 299.00 and thinking I should buy one, hindsight and all
    Last edited by Frank1; 07-06-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Let me know how those work. I just got some of the Gorilla subs to try out this year.
    I've killed 3 deer with the 190 gr sub x rounds. One head, one neck and one chest. The chest shot one went 20 yards. 15 of them straight down a ravine. Shot distance has been 74, 68 and 34 yards. Im zeroed at 75 yards and would shoot to 100, no further. I've been pretty pleased with them. Hearing the bullet hit the deer has been nice as well.

Son & I each got a Ruger American Ranch only in 7.62x39.
    Working on reloads to get max speed out of the little barrel & keeping it sub.
    Using Speer 2211 & Hornady 3077.
    Out beyond 100 yards I'll need an M79 rear sight!
    As Five Oh mentioned, the bolt is not slick (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by DG34YF View Post
    Son & I each got a Ruger American Ranch only in 7.62x39.
    Working on reloads to get max speed out of the little barrel & keeping it sub.
    Using Speer 2211 & Hornady 3077.
    Out beyond 100 yards I'll need an M79 rear sight!
    As Five Oh mentioned, the bolt is not slick (yet).
    Let me know what you come up with. I have the same rifle.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Let me know what you do to get the action slick. It seems like the mag is part of the problem.

If you ever decide you need to shoot farther than 100 yards, just stick some supersonic 100 grain cartridges in it and re-zero your scope. 300BLK 100 grains will ring the 300 yard plate with enough terminal energy to kill deer. With a can, the supersonics aren't that loud...quiet enough that I can hunt without muffs or earplugs.

I have a 300 BLK AR with two scopes. One is a Eotech dot scope for subsonic/close range and the other is a 3-10X for supersonic/longer range. With good QD mounts, I can swap them back and forth and not even have to re-zero. Either choice is kid/lady soft recoil.