Thread: He Gone

I've been following some Boer centric postings on the insta about S.A.

That place is going to shit. Lots of hate crimes, centered around farmers being executed by natives in an effort to remove them from the landscape and revert SA to it's more tribal roots and prove Hobbes' theory on man's behavior in a state of nature.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I don't get the desire to kill a lion, giraffe or anything else you don't eat. Always been a sore point with me. No, I am not a fuggin tree hugger!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I don't get the desire to kill a lion, giraffe or anything else you don't eat. Always been a sore point with me. No, I am not a fuggin tree hugger!
    It's more respectable than shooting deer over a pile of corn.

Who doesnt eat them? Do you stop and pick up the possums you run over and put them in a pot so they arent wasted? Ever killed and cooked a coyote? Wait, dont forget the cockroaches. Excellent source of protein and everyone I know stomps one if they see it.

Your world view and their world view is different because yours is narrowly focused on your own little world. There, without trophy hunting...the scales will tip to the Shaka Zulu wanna be's, and there wont be any wildlife...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Who doesnt eat them? Do you stop and pick up the possums you run over and put them in a pot so they arent wasted? Ever killed and cooked a coyote? Wait, dont forget the cockroaches. Excellent source of protein and everyone I know stomps one if they see it.

Your world view and their world view is different because yours is narrowly focused on your own little world. There, without trophy hunting...the scales will tip to the Shaka Zulu wanna be's, and there wont be any wildlife...
    I understand very well what your saying about the trophy hunters. Remember I did NOT say I was against trophy hunting,b I just don't kill animals I don't plan on eating. Just a personal thang bro.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 07-06-2022 at 10:05 AM.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Always thought that about elephants, until i talked to several people that have hunted them, every single one said it was the toughest, most intense hunt they had ever been on. I'm in, one day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I wonder if elephant nuts are any good kind of like hawg nuts??
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I watched this one hunting show from over there and the elephant they shot was cut up for the whole village to eat. I doubt there are many things they wont eat over there.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I watched this one hunting show from over there and the elephant they shot was cut up for the whole village to eat. I doubt there are many things they wont eat over there.
    Exactly. Pretty much anything that is killed by trophy hunters is given to the villagers for meals. That's a large part of what some of them live on.

That being said, I don't know that I'd be interested in killing an elephant unless it was a rogue killer or there was an over-population problem in that area. They're cool animals, and damn smart.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

But do you give your ducks to the villagers down in the hood to eat cause that's considered atrocious?
    Low country redneck who moved north

I would love to trank a few and take pics. Then run like hell when they start to wake up.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.