Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snatched from the jaws of Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I like Beamer a lot and hope he has success with my Gamecocks. That said with all this NIL crap and kids jumping schools as soon as they hit a little adversity I just don't care as much anymore.
    This, except the Beamer and chicken stuff. I’m just not that excited to see it. I’d rather go sweat my rear off in a deer stand with mosquitos or asswhipping on the ocean.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I like Beamer a lot and hope he has success with my Gamecocks. That said with all this NIL crap and kids jumping schools as soon as they hit a little adversity I just don't care as much anymore.

Feeling is mutual with me as a life long Tiger fan.

As the old guy I have hunted with for 35 yrs always told me ,”Be careful what younzez wishes for”. May be wrong BUT NIL could bite college sports (Football more than any ) in the ass in the future.

Guess we will see

Lots of Climp5in fans care a little less over the last two years.
    Thank God you can use the NIL thingy as the reason
    #Fairweathershitterfans

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Feeling is mutual with me as a life long Tiger fan.

As the old guy I have hunted with for 35 yrs always told me ,”Be careful what younzez wishes for”. May be wrong BUT NIL could bite college sports (Football more than any ) in the ass in the future.

Guess we will see

Schools will definitely suffer. Money will go to the players so facilities will suffer, non revenue sports will definitely suffer. There will be dessension on teams where skill players make 6-7 figures and the line that makes it possible gets nothing.

It’s gonna be bad for business.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Schools will definitely suffer. Money will go to the players so facilities will suffer,.

It’s gonna be bad for business.
    SEC teams are set to receive almost $500 Million each over the next 9 years
    Almost 1/2 billion for facilities and whatever else, stated a portion will be used to structure and assist players w/ NIL stuff inhouse
    to keep it fair and legal/compliance.
    Just watched a sports news show discussing it
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-09-2022 at 07:46 PM.

And USCjr will still suck.

But they are in the SEC, so I guess they have that to cling to.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    If Clemson gets the invite to join the SEC and turns it down for that crap show, they deserve to suck.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Climp5in may get asked or may be begging to join the SEC, I have no idea, but
    the SEC is about business and that business is about "markets",
    The SEC already has the SC market, I read where it would make more sense for them to take UNC or UVA or VT
    as they would be gaining a "new" market.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Climp5in may get asked or may be begging to join the SEC, I have no idea, but
    the SEC is about business and that business is about "markets",
    The SEC already has the SC market, I read where it would make more sense for them to take UNC or UVA or VT
    as they would be gaining a "new" market.
    You read they need “new markets”? Newsflash Rick, they have a network, CBS contract and ESPN, they’re in every market already. A 4 team expansion will probably be VT, UNC, Clemson & FSU. That gives them strength in football, baseball and basketball. With two of those being high revenue generators. They don’t care about markets, they care about revenue.

I think you are missing the point that the new markets of NC/VA would generate more revenue. You are correct about it being about revenue but ECU is correct that an untapped market area would generate more revenue. I saw the market analysis studies on the difference between picking up Clemson vs UNC and was a little shocked at the difference, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    If Clemson gets the invite to join the SEC and turns it down.

IF Clemson gets a chance go join SEC I see no way they could turn that down , any other options are ridiculous to me

They need to scratch the check for $50 million to the ACC (think that is the buy out amount if they leave ) and walk away ASAP Swofford not a whole lot better at running things than Brandon
    Last edited by tprice; 07-11-2022 at 07:06 AM.

https://medium.com/run-it-back-with-...1-49ef4f315858

Average viewers per week in 2021: Clemson - 1.74 mil; USuC - 575k.

USuC is a burden on the SEC, always has been. I'd say the more likely scenario is a substitution of Clemson for USuC in the SEC. Two birds with one stone type of thing. Question is, where would USuC end up. Most experts think the SOCON would be the best fit. And it makes a lot of sense. USuC would be able to compete better in football for sure. They likely still wouldn't be able to win their conference because the Citadel has proven an insurmountable hurdle for them, but still, finishing second isn't bad compared to what they do in the SEC.

You read they need “new markets”? Newsflash Rick, they have a network, CBS contract and ESPN, they’re in every market already. A 4 team expansion will probably be VT, UNC, Clemson & FSU. That gives them strength in football, baseball and basketball. With two of those being high revenue generators. They don’t care about markets, they care about revenue.
    What I've seen is Clemson, FSU, UNC and Virginia not VT. USC and UCLA leaving the pac 12 really shook things up. Schools have no choice but to join the SEC or Big 10.

When is dove season?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    I think you are missing the point that the new markets of NC/VA would generate more revenue. You are correct about it being about revenue but ECU is correct that an untapped market area would generate more revenue. I saw the market analysis studies on the difference between picking up Clemson vs UNC and was a little shocked at the difference, to be honest.
    Imagine that, a Climp5in fan blinded and "missing a point"
    if you have to explain it
    and UNC actually wins in other sports too

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post

USuC is a burden on the SEC, always has been. I'd say the more likely scenario is a substitution of Clemson for USuC in the SEC. Two birds with one stone type of thing. Question is, where would USuC end up. Most experts think the SOCON would be the best fit. And it makes a lot of sense. USuC would be able to compete better in football for sure. They likely still wouldn't be able to win their conference because the Citadel has proven an insurmountable hurdle for them, but still, finishing second isn't bad compared to what they do in the SEC.
    Do your family a favor and put the pipe down

This.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post

this is the most honest and accurate assessment in this thread so far

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Not really, they already have those markets with the networks I listed. Even if you’re in NC, are you tuning into a WF/Duke football game or UGA/UF. Heck Mizzouri/Vandy would get more watches. The only market that may improve by UNC coming on board is basketball. Other than that UNC brings no more to the table than USC or Miss St, maybe less.