Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well one of my former Schools in Standing their ground , LGBT professor terminated

Default Well one of my former Schools in Standing their ground , LGBT professor terminated

I attend Anderson University when it was a 2 yrs school before transfer to Central (Now Southern ) Wesleyan to complete my degree

AU (now a great 4 yr school ) announced the termination/non renewal of a professor’s employment due to being Gay. AU is standing by Southern Baptist Principles (as per their by laws) where is considered not in accordance with Biblical belief’s

https://www.independentmail.com/stor...ue/7786360001/

Personally could care less what someone’s sexual orientation is but I am of the same school of thought, it is not biblically or morally correct according to the Bible. But it is not up to me to judge anyone else

Kind of strange in this day and age to see an institution stand up for their belief’s even if it is controversial

I think homosexuality is disgusting, but hate the sin, love the sinner. That’s not a very good way to show Gods love and mercy to this person. This professor will be probably have a job somewhere else by next week and will more than likely forever hate Christians and what Christianity stands and believes in.

He likely already does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    I think homosexuality is disgusting, but hate the sin, love the sinner. That’s not a very good way to show Gods love and mercy to this person. This professor will be probably have a job somewhere else by next week and will more than likely forever hate Christians and what Christianity stands and believes in.

First to admit I agree, kind of shocked by what they did but they are just following their bylaws

Sad thing is I am sure attorneys will have ball with this one

This shouldn’t be an issue because they shouldn’t have hired her if it was against their bylaws. They apparently didn’t do their due diligence.

I really hope you guys are kidding.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm asking this because I truly don't know. Is there anything in the New Testament that prohibits homosexuality? I know the Old Testament does but I don't remember seeing it in the New.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I really hope you guys are kidding.

Kidding about ??
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    I'm asking this because I truly don't know. Is there anything in the New Testament that prohibits homosexuality? I know the Old Testament does but I don't remember seeing it in the New.
    Romans 1. Corinthians.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Kidding about ??
    Firing a gay teacher from a Christian school being un-Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    It’s also accepted that anytime sexual immorality is spoken about in the NT that homosexuality is part of that. They didn’t need to purse that out 2000 years ago.

Some of y’all will argue to the death over the most trivial crap: Turkey ethics, local politics, sports teams. But when it comes to Christian faith you become so limp wristed and tolerant it’s disgusting.

Christians don’t condone sin. If sinners find that offensive, oh well. You are called to be light in a world that loves darkness. Men hate the light because their deeds are done in darkness. John 3.
    Christians standing up for Christian ethics is a GOOD thing. You can love someone and tell them they are wrong in the same sentence.

Hear, hear.

Aren’t all sins equal?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Some of y’all will argue to the death over the most trivial crap: Turkey ethics, local politics, sports teams. But when it comes to Christian faith you become so limp wristed and tolerant it’s disgusting.

Christians don’t condone sin. If sinners find that offensive, oh well. You are called to be light in a world that loves darkness. Men hate the light because their deeds are done in darkness. John 3.
    Christians standing up for Christian ethics is a GOOD thing. You can love someone and tell them they are wrong in the same sentence.

Amen

Yes, if the school fires, fornicators, adulterers, liars, gluttons (fat), etc more power to them.

Yes Roddie, but when you chose to live in sin and refuse to acknowledge it as such, there lies the problem.

Fire the fat people?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Yes Roddie, but when you chose to live in sin and refuse to acknowledge it as such, there lies the problem.
    With all due respect, I think it’s about accepting Jesus as The Savior.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Hey! Lay off us fat guys.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"