Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When I start thinking about all the public land I could be hunting…

One day, before I die, I'm going to see a grizz in the wild.

I'm a believer in statistics. Some of you folks need to stay the hell away from Chicago, Detroit, Portland and North Charleston. You might want to reconsider your decision to share the roads with other humans too.

As far as missing out…there is a gracious plenty trophy elk ground to hunt where there are no Griz yet.

As far as statistics…Chances of dying while skydiving are really low, but the fact that I’d be falling to my death while knowing it was 100% avoidable and 100% my fault…that negates those skinny odds in my book. Same goes for the Griz…unless there were no other alternative, I wouldn’t want my last thought to be about how I could have hunted elsewhere as the beast rips my guts out and snaps my skull.

I’ll never go to Chicago or Philly etc.

Experiences with Griz in Alaska are completely different than experiences with Griz here. Griz here have no fear of humans, because they have never been hunted.

All this is moot, because God’s going to take me according to his plan, but unless his plan is for a Griz to be where they typically aren’t, a Griz will not be the source of demise.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!