Thread: Thoughts on this, Former Midlands Tec student arrested for collecting arsenal??

Default Thoughts on this, Former Midlands Tec student arrested for collecting arsenal??

Saw this in the P&C this am and just glanced through article.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...25a94e3d3.html

Said, if I read correctly , he was sentenced to 5 yrs prison I do realize there was some mail fraud and stuff like that and it appears LEO’s may have stopped an crime before it happened BUT still curious to thoughts on this.

I commend LEO’s if the actually stopped something before it happened but does some what concern me if they just went after him for “accumulation of an arsenal “ as it is worded by the liberal P&C

I am sure there is more to the story or some of y’all in that area know more than I have seen in this one article

I read something that said he’d obtained many of the weapons illegally and possessed some bump stocks, etc.

Scary thing. There are many here that have that much firepower or more. Being autistic is he forbidden ownership

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    I read something that said he’d obtained many of the weapons illegally and possessed some bump stocks, etc.

Maybe that was the reason then, that makes sense. Just article kept referring his “accumulated arsenal”. Again figured just liberal media trying for head lines

"Kimpton used some 15 aliases and nearly 60 different email addresses to purchase from online sellers as far away as Washington state. He then disputed the charges by claiming he never received the guns and gear, collecting refunds from the sellers and shippers alike. In some cases, he also returned guns purchased online to retail stores to collect even more refunds."

Screw that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    "Kimpton used some 15 aliases and nearly 60 different email addresses to purchase from online sellers as far away as Washington state. He then disputed the charges by claiming he never received the guns and gear, collecting refunds from the sellers and shippers alike. In some cases, he also returned guns purchased online to retail stores to collect even more refunds."

Screw that guy.

Guess little confused but I assume this is what the prison term was over more than the accumulation of weapons (as P&C made it sound like )

Illegal accumulation of weapons, mostly by fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Illegal accumulation of weapons, mostly by fraud.
    What a joke.

Dude is a thief. Screw him. I'd say the same thing if it was baseball cards that he was "accumulating."

I read this as the guns being irrelevant. He stole from folks

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I read this as the guns being irrelevant. He stole from folks
    I think the guns being the part that got ATF involved

Read FITS article on it just now, lot better story , this one mentioned nothing about school shootings like P&C did

This guy still had to go through the NICS so i dont think the amount of arms was the question rather fraud. The media just like to flash these kind of stories. Online purchases like there is no oversight. by his methods there seems ill intent. He makes us all look bad.