Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is tipping the new panhandling?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I go out of my way to be generous with tips. My way of thinking is pretty simple - I’ve been very fortunate in life and whatever the extra tip is means a lot more to the recipient than it does to me.
    Same
    #karma
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-01-2022 at 07:44 AM.

I wholesale liquor to basically every place I eat at in town.. it's rare if I sit down though, get to go, but those people know me. Of course not the Waffle House, that's really the only place I'll sit down regularly in the county. I do have a private dining place where at times I can eat on the patio by myself, and I'll sit down at a table at our country club with either fried pork chops on white bread or egg salad sandwiches.. I deal with them too, plus I'm like the vp of our club.. So I try to make it a point to tip for my bubbly water and sandwich they hand me.

I go out of my way to be generous with tips. My way of thinking is pretty simple - I’ve been very fortunate in life and whatever the extra tip is means a lot more to the recipient than it does to me.
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Restaurants and delivery drivers ( not just food delivery either) but guys that do a good job for material delivery to job sites that bring stuff to me on a regular basis and I try to slip’em a few bucks every so often if I can and they’ll generally try to take care of me in the future ( call me if they have questions about where I want something dropped at or that kind of stuff). A little goes a long way

My cleaning lady gets a tip on a regular basis but usually it’s just because I forget she’s coming that day and I never have the right change so I have to leave her more. It’s worth it though
    DC- which tip do you slip the cleaning lady? (And I'm impressed a young single buck like you has a "cleaning lady.")
    Carolina Counsel

The cash kind.

Paying someone else to clean the house is some of the best money I spend every two weeks
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

The cash kind.

Paying someone else to clean the house is some of the best money I spend every two weeks
    Yep. When I was single my cleanorita was in the top 5 of expenditures on my budget. House payment, food, cleanorita.

I miss her.

The cash kind.

Very nice to read this. Someone out there appreciates that job ( and your tip).
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Again, very nice to read. We run the same program.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The cash kind.

This. Back in my single days, it was not considered a luxury, it was a necessity.

I love a clean house, I just know that I'm not the one to do it....my favorite day of the week is "maid day".

The only two tools that don't fit in my hands are a paint brush and a toilet brush.

ETA: And dropoff laundry! First world priority as a young buck.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 07-01-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Went into Dunkin donuts and bought a single donut and noticed they had a tip jar at the counter...this is what I would consider a fruitless endeavor on their part, but there was money in it.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Went into Dunkin donuts and bought a single donut and noticed they had a tip jar at the counter...this is what I would consider a fruitless endeavor on their part, but there was money in it.
    It’s probably their own cash. You got to put a little in it to start so people will feel more compelled.