Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthquakes and gold mine

Default Earthquakes and gold mine

I've been ignoring the dramatics around the recent uptick in earthquakes in the midlands. but after the 2nd earthquake today, this one 3.9. it got my attention.

epicenter has been around Kershaw county. Someone pointed to the gold mine. Anyone know anything? Who would be the agency to investigate something like that?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Dhec

The gold mine has seismographs set up around the property and monitoring 24/7
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You should definitely form a Facebook group and blow dhecs phone up everyday

Pardon my ignorance but what’s the correlation? Blasting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Lotta whining texts coming out of Columbia this evening. Must have been stronger than the others or closer?

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I don't now the specifics on the science, only that mining is responsible for the most human-induced earthquakes worldwide. Kershaw county has started having earthquakes frequently and 1-2 of the few gold mines in the state happen to be located there.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

It was stronger, but nothing..... earth moving.

Interesting that my co-worker in Lugoff, real close to it, has no power now.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Couldn't tell you.

I do know at one point there was discussion of them going underground to be able to capture more gold. Not sure where they are in that process
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I was off this afternoon and taking a nap... the first one woke me up. The second one was pretty loud. Entertaining. I found it interesting that I could like hear a direction of travel. Like it went NE to SW... Which makes sense.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

From what I’ve seen the recorded epicenters have been on the complete opposite side of the county from the goldmine. Doubt they would be that far off in judging those. If you’re looking for a conspiracy theory then the epicenters are a lot closer to Fort Jackson than the gold mine. Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're centered in Lugoff, a little ways from Kershaw. There's a sand company close by, probably a little meth, and an alien pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Dhec
    Same lot that permitted a foreign company to come tear up hell in our state?

Just be glad the Feds have oversight or the entire 52 miles of Wateree river swamp would look exactly like this...

They're centered in Lugoff, a little ways from Kershaw. There's a sand company close by, probably a little meth, and an alien pond.
    meth lab explosion?
    Last edited by everlast; 06-29-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

BTW, that Fed oversight is on the SCOTUS docket this week...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Same lot that permitted a foreign company to come tear up hell in our state?

Just be glad the Feds have oversight or the entire 52 miles of Wateree river swamp would look exactly like this...

Reckon it holds any divers in Jan?

Good thinking. Plus, the cyanide probably keeps the skeeters away...

I've been saying Godzilla is going to pop out of a hole out there one morning. I haven't checked the facepage, but I know the one a few minutes ago.. and the one around 230 were larger then the rest.

Nutz was with me, so he's safe

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Nutz needs to go check and see if the water went out of Whites Pond! Maybe a volcano will arise from the middle of the pond!!!!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Haha, it's like you read my last text