Thread: Southern Coastal Region Accommodations

Default Southern Coastal Region Accommodations

Several years ago us Upstaters were drawn for several southern coastal alligator tags and were looking for accommodations in the ACE Basin area while we were hunting. Mark "Bad Habit" reached out to us and allowed us to leave our boat at his house while we slept in a Walterborro hotel so we could recharge the trolling motor batteries and not have to worry about theft while were sleeping. We were really looking forward to meeting up with Mark again this year because we knew we'd be guaranteed at least one tag. Unfortunately we aren't able to make that happen with recent events and I was wondering if there was another option in that same spirit. We'll check VRBO and the usual outlets, but do any of y'all know of any rental properties or other accommodations anywhere near the southern coastal areas that we could stay in from September 10th through the 13th? We're looking for options as small as a secure place to drop the boat while we sleep in a hotel between hunts, or all the way up to renting a place for the 3 or 4 days for 3 adults.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Man I miss the Edisto Motel and Mrs. Hickman's fried shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    They still rent rooms, or did last year. It will be in the area you plan on hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by pccutter View Post
    They still rent rooms, or did last year. It will be in the area you plan on hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Thanks. I'm not familiar with there but will look it up. Think there will be enough room to park a F350 longbed and 21' boat?

Yes, and much more

^ha
    i'd say there's plenty of parking available....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Yea there is 5 or 6 rooms on the right side that are open to the outside and plenty of room for boats etc.
    That way you don’t have to mess with the courtyard area behind the old restaurant which I miss.
    The Ace Basin Fish camp restaurant is across the street.

Perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. That's exactly what we were looking for. That's right smack in the middle of where we hunt and will really help with cutting out all the back and forth driving we've done in the past.