Thread: Hot Dogs

Default Hot Dogs

Wanted a way to help the dog cool off while were out at the farm and after hunts. I'm sure it's been done before but I wired a radiator fan to the always hot 7-pin 5th wheel outlet in the bed of the truck. Put a voltage regulator inline to control the speed. Thing puts out some serious air when cranked all the way up. Only draws around 5 amps max so it should be fine to run for a few hours off the dual battery setup in the truck. Put amazon links below in case anyone else wants to do something similar.

IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007CYB1N2...KP8VQ853HX6QTE
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9HQ25S...FXEBX2M79XX2X1
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WR4KBMF...7SASJFK96MGFJF
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3NJTXC...9QPAT17CYNNP5H

Hell yeah. Good stuff.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Very nice.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I like it
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Bo gunner kennels sells one just like it for like $300, shoulda just bought one of them!

Very Nice.

I want an outlet like what you have there in the bed of my truck. Also would like to put a double battery in my truck to support shit like that.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Like BB, I'd love to have that outlet set up in my truck bed. But I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

I currently run these in my truck and I have been very pleased with them. Not nearly as cool as yours though. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...F02B/315493213
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Nice. Have a setup almost just like that for the box I built for the Polaris for dove season. I like the idea of the voltage regulator. Mine is just on or off and like you said, when they are on they put out a lot of air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I've got a couple of the ryobi fans but the next size up from Mollie's Master on my Gunner. They run a several hours on a charge.

Got one like Mollie's Master that I use in the deer stand.

Screw being hot.

We used to rip the fans out of Toyotas and Datsuns, take the fanblades off the motor and make 5 gallon ATV spreaders. Worked great. Those motors lasted longer than the buckets. Bought one of those fans for the dogs things and it didn't last to Kansas City...

https://www.amazon.com/Camping-Porta...ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

I've read good things about these and I was just about to pull the trigger on a couple before seeing this. Built in speed control and rechargeable. But I like the idea of being able to plug in like yours and not having to worry about recharging.

I like it. I’ll be using a Ryobi tomorrow at the Midlands HRC training day.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

That little motor guhv'nuh could be used to control a trolling motor too, couldnt it?

Default Hot Dogs

Yes, it’s just a variable transformer.

(Look a Caiman/Piranha)
    Last edited by Tater; 06-24-2022 at 12:46 PM.

That's what I thought. I've been looking for one...

Those two trolling motors in the trading post just came off the market.

Were your boots cooler when you put them on?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?