Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded tunes in a standard cab

i put a new touch screen head unit in my kids vehicle for Christmas with apple car play etc.

It makes the stock speakers sound like an entirely new set up.

Kids don't need loud. They need crisp and clear.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

B52B8377-870D-41E9-8A70-C2AD0DEDBA3C.jpg 2 new Kenwoods going in the dash as we speak…
    Galatians 2:20
    Clemson '26

Nice tag
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Great looking truck! I would love to have one with a 350 and manual transmission.
    Bone....

I appreciate it. That’s exactly what this one is. KRT replaced the original 350 with a brand new one and I have learned that the 5 speed stick is a lot more fun to drive than an automatic
    Clemson '26

Nice truck! Take care of that beauty
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

That's a good looking truck, those will always be my favorite body style.

I will own one some day as a secondary truck. White or green with a set of 9/16 directionals, 13in glass packs with pistol tip 90s, a warn bumpers and m8274…man I could go on and on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Haha, not doing that much on this one. Interior rebuild and a low rumble exhaust system and that will be all she wrote. I haven’t hauled nearly as many dead things as I would like to with her
    Clemson '26

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I will own one some day as a secondary truck. White or green with a set of 9/16 directionals, 13in glass packs with pistol tip 90s, a warn bumpers and m8274…man I could go on and on.

90 degree pinched tips will always be the best look on these body styles in my opinion, probably because that's what I grew up with. I want a green single cab with warn bumpers for a hunting rig. Got a 90 single cab 2wd and a 97 extended cab 4wd now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    90 degree pinched tips will always be the best look on these body styles in my opinion, probably because that's what I grew up with. I want a green single cab with warn bumpers for a hunting rig. Got a 90 single cab 2wd and a 97 extended cab 4wd now.
    Was your 97 the one that got stolen a little bit ago? From the pictures I’ve seen that’s a sweet truck
    Clemson '26

Quote Originally Posted by boltforty5 View Post
    Was your 97 the one that got stolen a little bit ago? From the pictures I’ve seen that’s a sweet truck
    Yessir that's the one, by far the best truck I've ever owned. It just rolled 350k miles and still ticking.

I use to love me some audio.

Sooo I’d put two shallow 10 inch subs in a box behind the seat. Then I’d power them with dual channel 2 ohm 1000 watt amp. Well in theory 4 ohm so 2 ohms per sub. Gotta watch the resistance no matter what wattage you’re gonna use to push subs.

Factory or aftermarket head unit would do you no good.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Without an amp
    More fuel = more boost!!

Yessir that's the one, by far the best truck I've ever owned. It just rolled 350k miles and still ticking.
    My 97 extended cab has 214k,

I been kicking around the idea of selling it but haven’t made my mind up yet
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    My 97 extended cab has 214k,

I been kicking around the idea of selling it but haven’t made my mind up yet
    It has plenty of life left, I'd use it as a hunting truck until it fell apart.

It has plenty of life left, I'd use it as a hunting truck until it fell apart.
    Basically what I’ve been doing with it, I do need to get the AC fixed if I’m gonna keep it though
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 06-23-2022 at 10:09 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Also you can put 37 swampers on that truck with no lift…just saying

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.