Thread: Agreeing with a Democrat

Default Agreeing with a Democrat

Term limits would be better.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I'm in favor of both

We need less laws not more. Let the marketplace of voters sort it out.
    DILLIGAF

Joe is a career politician. He just doesn't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Politician politicking. He knows it will never happen but if he can sway some or get a few to agree with him it doesn't cost him a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Term limits would pretty much solve the age limit thing. how long they've been in politics is way more relevant than their particular age. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

You don't want him. He has been ousted in I think Charleston and a Dems a Dem.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

What a stupid thought. Joe's not even smart enough to realize how stupid he is.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I see term limits and age limits as being an infringement on the voting rights of the people. They’re not much different than gun control measures on the Second Amendment. What if I’m happy with my elected members? We have primaries for a reason. The problem is the people are too comfortable and don’t give a shit, so they vote because they’re told to or want to be able to say they did and get a little sticker so everyone knows they got a gold star in civics for the day. You let things in this country start getting really rough and you won’t have to worry about someone staying in office for long.

Default Agreeing with a Democrat

So Joe C. Wants to can Biden, Clyburn, Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein, Sanders in DC and Cobb-Hunter In the state house. What a way to form friends within the DNC. He will not be invited to the next World Famous Fish Fry now.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-23-2022 at 01:59 PM.

a term limited or age limited rep would have the freedom to do a lot of damage without having to answer to the voters. Lame ducks can be dangerous.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I see term limits and age limits as being an infringement on the voting rights of the people. They’re not much different than gun control measures on the Second Amendment. What if I’m happy with my elected members? We have primaries for a reason. The problem is the people are too comfortable and don’t give a shit, so they vote because they’re told to or want to be able to say they did and get a little sticker so everyone knows they got a gold star in civics for the day. You let things in this country start getting really rough and you won’t have to worry about someone staying in office for long.
    voting reform needs to happen as well. I think term limits but then you could run again after a certain time or election cycle would encourage action to get things done and not just talking points to make an ignorant public vote for you.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    We need less laws not more. Let the marketplace of voters sort it out.
    There is already a law that says you have to be a certain age to run. The same argument should hold true on the other side. I don't want a 16 year old in the Senate no more than I want a 75 year old.

There is some merit to legislative age limits (SC and a number of other states already have them for Supreme Court), although I can't help but think term limits could turn the legislatures into more of a chinese fire drill than they already are, especially in the lower chambers.

It's also worth observing the subtle and not so subtle differences in the strategies and agendas of first and second term presidential administrations. There can be a different approach to leadership once the prospect of reelection is off the table.

Term limits would have eliminated the problem we have that is named Lindsey Graham. But sadly since enough people in SC are stupid enough to continue to vote for him, he'd just be replaced with someone as bad or worse.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 06-23-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Most politicians have little idea what’s going on regardless of age, our country is run by their (often much) younger aids.

Primaries are the answer to term limits, if you could just get people to care enough to vote in them.

I think there needs to be some serious adjustment of the "incumbent advantage".

Both would be a good thing, but the only way to get term limits is to grandfather in an exemption for those who are already there. Then we would just have to wait them out or vote them out.

Our grandchildren would benefit from this and is probably the only way to accomplish it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk