Thread: Titling boat motor purchased from NC

Default Titling boat motor purchased from NC

Looking to buy a motor from NC. Apparently they don’t title or register motors in NC. I’m assuming just bill of sale is adequate for me to get it titled/registered in SC. Surely someone has done this before and can shed some light on process.

It ain’t fun. Go ahead and save yourself some heartache and call the marine theft section. They can tell what they need to see and push it through quickly. The regular titling folks are idiots.

Simple as can be....

If folks say it's hard, that's only because they can't read and follow simple directions.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/boating/Titli...ing_State.html

Last several boats I bought came from non title states.

do the check before you buy link on SC DNR. Put in the serial and check to see if it has been registered in SC before. If it hasn't, all you need is a BOS with notory, and you good. If it has been registered, make sure it doesn't have a lien or back taxes owed or you are footing the bill for taxes or won't get the title until the lien is settled on the origional SC owner is satisfied and paperwork sento DNR.

I have bought more than 20-30 from NC and aint had an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Thanks fellas.

I did it and it was the easiest thing I've done. Got any questions message me.

No issues at all when I purchased one in NC. Although I did go to Columbia to register it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    do the check before you buy link on SC DNR. Put in the serial and check to see if it has been registered in SC before. If it hasn't, all you need is a BOS with notory, and you good. If it has been registered, make sure it doesn't have a lien or back taxes owed or you are footing the bill for taxes or won't get the title until the lien is settled on the origional SC owner is satisfied and paperwork sento DNR.

I have bought more than 20-30 from NC and aint had an issue
    THIS. If it has NEVER been registered in SC, it is very simple and straightforward. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero