Thread: Smoking bad. Brandon to help.

Default Smoking bad. Brandon to help.

Tobacco Lobby doing work. Gonna have to smoke 2 heaters now to get the effect of one...

Today, the Biden-Harris Administration published plans for future potential regulatory actions that include the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s plans to develop a proposed product standard that would establish a maximum nicotine level to reduce the addictiveness of cigarettes and certain other combusted tobacco products. The goal of the potential rule would be to reduce youth use, addiction and death.

“Nicotine is powerfully addictive,” said FDA Commissioner Robert M. Califf, M.D. “Making cigarettes and other combusted tobacco products minimally addictive or non-addictive would help save lives. The U.S. Surgeon General has reported that 87 percent of adult smokers start smoking before age 18, and about two-thirds of adult daily smokers began smoking daily by 18 years of age. Lowering nicotine levels to minimally addictive or non-addictive levels would decrease the likelihood that future generations of young people become addicted to cigarettes and help more currently addicted smokers to quit.”
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...busted-tobacco

Nicotine is bad. But we are using tax dollars to set up heroin clinics?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

So now I’m going to inhale more smoke into my lungs to get the same amount of nicotine? Okay whatever it takes.

I am curious if increasing the purchase age to 21 has curbed the youth tobacco usage. The only reason I started dipping in 9th grade is because I had friends who were 18 who could buy it (And the mini mart on percival didn’t ID).
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

People still smoke cigarettes?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    So now I’m going to inhale more smoke into my lungs to get the same amount of nicotine? Okay whatever it takes.
    Lots of tax revenue on tobacco. Raise taxes while doing "good".
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    People still smoke cigarettes?
    And other weirder shit, too...

Jonathan Roeder and Fiona Rutherford
    June 22, 2022

The US Food and Drug Administration is getting ready to order Juul Labs Inc.’s e-cigarettes off the market, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

Regulators have hoped that e-cigarettes could present an alternative for smokers who are trying to quit using traditional tobacco products, and Juul’s device has remained popular with some adults who say it helped them kick a cigarette habit. Yet public-health officials have also documented an epidemic of underage vaping they fear has hooked a new generation of users on nicotine. Other health issues, including a scare over an acute lung-damaging illness, have also been linked to e-cigarettes.

Being rebuffed by US regulators is likely to severely curtail Juul’s ambitions, at least in the near term. The company could appeal the FDA decision through the agency or challenge it in court, or file a revised approval application, according to the Journal report. Juul still sells e-cigarettes in some markets overseas.

Juul’s failure to win clearance would mark a second significant blow to the tobacco industry in as many days, after the Biden administration said it will order companies to cut nicotine levels in cigarettes in an effort to reduce smoking-related deaths. The FDA is expected to draft rules on the shift -- a lengthy process that the industry is likely to fight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...us-wsj-reports

When they abruptly yank nicotine off the market, we'll probably get more shootings. At the very least, there will be some really cranky people amongst us.

So this administration wants to lower nicotine levels to lower addiction rates but hands out clean pipes to crack addicts?

More government control over your lives