Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Ellen Weaver Superintendent of Education

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I'm "writing-in" Glenn's name for Superintendent of Education
    Only if you want to see the unemployment rate climb because that wouldn't be a good day for career bureaucrats soaking up clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Only if you want to see the unemployment rate climb because that wouldn't be a good day for career bureaucrats soaking up clock.
    Dont throw me in the briar patch, said br'er rabbit.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

he made that shit up
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Maness is anything but a 'closet Liberal'. She's a flaming Leftist as much as any of the leaders of the Teacher's union and the Democrat Party.

Former Senator Jim DeMint supports Weaver and I'm good with that. She'll have that mostly worthless Masters by November, for what little it pertains to helping to fix the fucked-up public school system in this State. We just need some honest backbone and fortitude, along with parental support.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

SC POLITICSLetters: Kathy Maness Is A Sham Candidate
    Former superintendent Mick Zais: “If Kathy Maness is a conservative, then I’m a ballerina.”
    Published 2 days ago on June 20, 2022 By Letters

SHARE TWEET
    Dear Editor,

Ellen Weaver and Kathy Maness are in a runoff for the Republican nomination for state superintendent of education.

When I was in office as state superintendent, Maness did everything in her power to oppose my efforts to expand educational freedom. She was against empowering parents. She argued against increasing funding for school choice. As executive director of the Palmetto State Teachers Association – South Carolina‘s version of the teachers’ union – she vigorously fought my efforts to hold schools and districts accountable. She forcefully opposed legislation making it easier for principals and district superintendents to remove ineffective teachers. In vigorously lobbying the General Assembly, she did what she was paid to do, represent a special interest lobby group rather than students and parents.

Maness has been endorsed by Vice President Kamela Harris and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Her candidacy as a Republican is a sham. If Kathy Maness is a conservative, then I’m a ballerina.

I urge you to vote for Ellen Weaver. Ellen is working to transform education in South Carolina, not perpetuate an under-performing system that fails to meet the needs of so many children.

Sincerely,

(Via: U.S. Department of Education)

Mick Zais, Ph.D.
    Brigadier General, U.S. Army (retired)
    S.C. Superintendent of Education, 2011-2015
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Meanwhile SC legislators failed to pass school vouchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one will ever please some of you. It is your right to disengage.

This one seemed obvious. Sorry to disappoint. I should have led off with she is not a libertarian.

I voted for "Ellen for Education". For some reason that stuck. I'll punch it again for her in the runoff. And screw public schools.

What does getting a master's mean these days???

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    No one will ever please some of you. It is your right to disengage.

This one seemed obvious. Sorry to disappoint. I should have led off with she is not a libertarian.
    it is obvious and damn near every one of us will vote against maness so dont worry.

but there is still a lot of disdain for politics. I wish someone up there would realize it and mention it.....

My comment wasn't about the candidates. It was in response to why the republican party is impotent when it holds political advantage on a state and national level.

But again, don't worry. Come election time most everyone here will still mash that straight R button so y'all can continue to kick cans down unpaved and pot hole infested roads.

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    it is obvious and damn near every one of us will vote against maness so dont worry.

but there is still a lot of disdain for politics. I wish someone up there would realize it and mention it.....

It was more obvious to me that most wouldn't vote for either, which is voting for maness
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

I am responsible for my vote. I voted for the vouchers both in my committee and on the house floor. It passed the house. The senate failed to pass it.

I get tired of people saying "we let that happen" or "your vote counts" or shit like that.

so, i vote so I can continue to complain. If you dont vote, your opinion doesnt matter.

while I understand glenn's concerns, I just dont see anything else I am supposed to do. So, again, I vote. not likely a straight ticket but pretty close.

I've yet to see a libertarian worth a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    My comment wasn't about the candidates. It was in response to why the republican party is impotent when it holds political advantage on a state and national level.

But again, don't worry. Come election time most everyone here will still mash that straight R button so y'all can continue to kick cans down unpaved and pot hole infested roads.

A few weak knee republicans combined with democrat opposition are the problem with education.

How about close.that whole Department down and send me two checks for $800.00.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I get tired of people saying "we let that happen" or "your vote counts" or shit like that.

so, i vote so I can continue to complain. If you dont vote, your opinion doesnt matter.

while I understand glenn's concerns, I just dont see anything else I am supposed to do. So, again, I vote. not likely a straight ticket but pretty close.

I've yet to see a libertarian worth a shit.
    I vote. Beyond that there really isn't much you can do until it comes time to fix bayonets. Used to have the option of dragging worthless and lying politicians out to the town square and hittin' 'em with the ol tar and feather treatment then run 'em out on a rail. But no no mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

good. 99 percent of private schools are to keep
    kids and parents sheltered from the real world and most of them were built on racism years ago.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    good. 99 percent of private schools are to keep
    kids and parents sheltered from the real world and most of them were built on racism years ago.
    Yes, how ridiculous of me to not want to subject my daughters to drag queen reading day while attending elementary school.

Wake up Raybird! If indoctrination didn't work you never would have heard of Hitler.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Yes, how ridiculous of me to not want to subject my daughters to drag queen reading day while attending elementary school.

Wake up Raybird! If indoctrination didn't work you never would have heard of Hitler.
    seriously? where is that happening in South Carolina? that shit ain’t happening in pauline
    Windows Down!