Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Ellen Weaver Superintendent of Education

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Not here to debate. Looks as if you aren’t either. I’m not sure what your post is beyond an empty endorsement for a political “friend”.
    I wouldn’t want the head of the American Medical Association to not be a doctor. I wouldn’t want the head of the American Dental Association to not be a dentist. I understand this is a political position, so you may say you want a politician to do it, screw that!! I want the opposite. Someone who has been in a classroom, and advocated for students and teachers. I will not be voting for Ellen Weaver.
    That is all.
    I'd rather have someone have common sense and be able to get things done/changed than them have the right "qualifications". Voting for people that have the right pedigree and qualifications is what got us into the mess we are in. You don't have to be a teacher or past educator to see and fix the issues with our public schools.

Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

same here as far as not trusting any of them, I'm in clarendon county and we have a mess with the people trying to run the educational system, starting with senator kevin johnson, the state required the smaller districts to consolidate, and somehow he has gotten where most of the school board positions are hand selected by him and i think there is only 2 that isnt, and if I'm correct I believe his wife and 2 daughters are employed by the clarendon county school districts, how is that not a conflict of interest, not to mention his buddy shawn Johnson the superintendant who is up for a raise in pay from 145 thousand to 225 thousand per year, following a scandal in which he lived rent free in a house owned by the school district, when it was brought to the attention of the school board they immediately voted to charge him 900 per month back rent , and then followed that by giving him 1200 per month housing allowance , retroactive to pay his back rent, so he ended up coming out with money left over, they misused state grant money for rural school districts to recruit teachers,
    Last edited by barrineau; 06-22-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    All I know is this, republicans have been in charge in SC forever and I know an assload of teachers and not a single one of them are happy. Y’all have fucked education to no end so excuse those of us who don’t want to hear what the fuck you think about any of this.
    I don't know many parents that are happy with public schools either.

Anyone who's involved with the PSTA is a liberal. They wanted to shut the schools down for the last two years. They've been trying to unionize teachers for years but can never seem to get it done. The other candidate is not much better but at least she's a Conservative. Beware of the school choice crowd, most of that involves athletics and has very little educational value.

DT must be real worried about the Weaver choice if he's coming in here soliciting votes...
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Has either said anything about cutting dead weight at the top and nepotism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you voted in the democratic primary you are not eligible to vote.

Next Tuesday is the runoff. Your choice is clear if you are conservative and interested in possible change. Ellen Weaver.

If you want status quo vote Kathy.

Many will not vote but will continue to moan that no one suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    DT must be real worried about the Weaver choice if he's coming in here soliciting votes...

I have the same question we all do. How is it this bad if republicans control the legislature and Governor???

I know the Speaker of the House personally went on a listening tour all around the state to get ideas how to improve. Teachers unions from other states stirred the pot so much they stopped the potential help. Education is the holy grail of democrats. They use education for their propaganda and indoctrination.

The choice for superintendent could not be clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have the same question we all do. How is it this bad if republicans control the legislature and Governor???
    Because of the easily seen and verifiable pattern you all have of principled compromise, moving right during the campaigns then swinging center left when it actually comes time to cut wood.

But you all will continue to be re-elected despite your impotence because like is proven above, you set backfires to get people to run FROM something instead of convincing them to move towards something better. Campaigns and the empty promises that accompany them aren't about how good you are anymore. They're about how bad the other person is. Nobody has the guts to stand on their own merit so they hide under the umbrella of D or R in order to keep or gain position.

2N Glenn coming in hot from the pulpit
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Well said doctor cock

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Because of the easily seen and verifiable pattern you all have of principled compromise, moving right during the campaigns then swinging center left when it actually comes time to cut wood.

But you all will continue to be re-elected despite your impotence because like is proven above, you set backfires to get people to run FROM something instead of convincing them to move towards something better. Campaigns and the empty promises that accompany them aren't about how good you are anymore. They're about how bad the other person is. Nobody has the guts to stand on their own merit so they hide under the umbrella of D or R in order to keep or gain position.
    Glenn rom the top rope......

All I know is this, republicans have been in charge in SC forever and I know an assload of teachers and not a single one of them are happy. Y’all have fucked education to no end so excuse those of us who don’t want to hear what the fuck you think about any of this.
    This

And this. Highly doubtful that I'll ever vote for another republican, if I bother voting at all. The whole system is a clown show, no more legitimate at this point than that of a 3rd world country.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Damn. That almost made me moist.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

All over it!

Not for nothing, but the vast majority of teachers are women. Being unhappy is a characteristic of the breed....

ETA: Should have read the rest of the thread....the Cat Doc put down the scattergun in favor of the long gun and put three in the middle of the paper.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 06-22-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Well this escalated quickly

I'm "writing-in" Glenn's name for Superintendent of Education