Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Ellen Weaver Superintendent of Education

Crazy to think that a person who isn't even qualified to be a building principal could be a State Superintendent?? What education needs is less politics and more education. The majority of the crazy things that you hear being taught are because of politics on some level whether it be state level or school board level. School principals and teachers aren't choosing to teach those things.

crazy to think seemingly intelligent sane people who claim to be limited govt, fiscal conservatives, a large majority self proclaimed christians do not bat an eye or question the concept of government run education.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

crazy to think an annoying New york businessman became president of the united states having never held a political office in his life.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    There is very little the Sup of Ed can do by their self. It takes the legislature with a compliant Governor.

If school choice is your choice then push your senator.
    If they can't do anything then what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    crazy to think an annoying New york businessman became president of the united states having never held a political office in his life.
    Top5 prez too.

i agree

i agree
    No you don't
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Even crazier that he was the best one we've had. And that's what they don't want us to realize. Hence this "insurrection" bullshit!

i absolutely think Trump was a great president.

I think he's getting roasted over the jan 6 thing and it just doesnt look good for him.

I also think he is such a polarizing figure he is not the best choice for 2024.

crazy that I agree with Toofer here

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    I question myself when that happens...

Kind of my point. DJT wasn't a politician. Politics and politicians are the ones screwing with public education, not the educators. But there will be an unqualified politician in "charge". I guess what I'm saying, is it would take someone who actually knows what's going on in schools (not speculates) if they have intentions on really making it better.

Kind of like our country, if there's someone that really knows what it's like to pay these fuel prices, and groceries etc..etc.. they would be most likely to actually fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    It gave me chills to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    probably should start a support group.

probably should start a support group.
    or a fan club
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Weaver is as much a politician as any of them without being elected. She's worked for politician John DeMint and then worked for his conservative "think tank" since then, which is a probably a fancy word for a lobbyist organization.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    or a fan club
    Already exists…ask me how I know
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Weaver is as much a politician as any of them without being elected. She's worked for politician John DeMint and then worked for his conservative "think tank" since then, which is a probably a fancy word for a lobbyist organization.
    If you’re mostly Conservative, and not mostly Liberal or Democrat, the fact that Weaver worked for and with Demint should look like a positive for this position. The legislature calls most of the shots, so having someone who knows the ropes and understands how to work with them to make some headway is a plus.

Everything I read about the alternative showed a picture of someone who spent her career fighting against both school choice and charter schools, she reportedly fought efforts to hold schools, boards, and teachers accountable for their behavior and results. Do you honestly think that someone with her track record, just because she ‘has system experience’ is who is going to lead SC public schools to rise any higher than place #47(?), if we’re even that high?

Edited to add… Inasmuch as I believe that the piss-poor ratings of SC schools, for the last umpteen decades, is pretty much the fault of the Legislature, School Boards (a BIG finger here), and school administrators/Superintendents/Principals… it is senseless to argue over this position. My only issue is to not let more Democrat or Liberal control sweep what few positives we’ve got into their cesspools.

And, Tater, reread what we both posted. I stand by my assessment of your Leftist-like behavior… maybe your spending too much time down in that Cola cesspool, I don’t know, but you’ve gotten cranky. And I don’t recall any email from Demint since he got coup’d from the Heritage Foundation in 2017. So hang on to all of your assumptions and waste them on someone else. I did my research before the primary, and developed my own thoughts from there. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 06-29-2022 at 09:20 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Downfall for maness IMO, was hanging out with the uglybitch- pelosi and kumee harris and agreeing with somebody stopin on the AMERICAN FLAG!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Downfall for maness IMO, was hanging out with the uglybitch- pelosi and kumee harris and agreeing with somebody stopin on the AMERICAN FLAG!
    Those actions should have clued any interested party into the color of the Trojan Horse. I’m really surprised it didn’t…
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'