Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soccer

Default Soccer

Megan Rapinoe Tells Girls, Parents To Suck It Up Over Trans Athletes: ‘Your Kid’s’ ‘Volleyball Team Just Isn’t That Important’

By Amanda Prestigiacomo
    Jun 21, 2022

Soccer superstar and political activist Megan Rapinoe argued in an interview published Sunday that female athletes and their parents need to suck it up over advantages biologically male transgender athletes might have over girls.

The forward told Time magazine she is “100% supportive” of “trans inclusion” in girls sports, dismissing concerns about fairness while emphasizing that people “need to understand that sports is not the most important thing in life.”

Rapinoe also argued that high-level sports are all about “regulation,” which the athlete apparently believes can erase trans athletes’ advantages. A recent study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine suggests that’s not true.

“I would also encourage everyone out there who is afraid someone’s going to have an unfair advantage over their kid to really take a step back and think what are we actually talking about here,” the 36-year-old said. “We’re talking about people’s lives. I’m sorry, your kid’s high school volleyball team just isn’t that important.”

Rapinoe went on to argue that not many girls have been shortchanged by transgender athletes, yet, anyway.

“Show me the evidence that trans women are taking everyone’s scholarships, are dominating in every sport, are winning every title. I’m sorry, it’s just not happening,” she said. “So we need to start from inclusion, period. And as things arise, I have confidence that we can figure it out. But we can’t start at the opposite. That is cruel. And frankly, it’s just disgusting.”

“We need to really kind of take a step back and get a grip on what we’re really talking about here because people’s lives are at risk,” Rapinoe added. “Kids’ lives are at risk with the rates of suicide, the rates of depression and negative mental health and drug abuse.”

“We’re putting everything through God forbid a trans person be successful in sports. Get a grip on reality and take a step back,” she said.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/megan...aign=dwtwitter

That dude is crazy

Ironic that last sentence says “god forbid” well guess what? He did that why why he made a man and a woman. What a dumb bitch, wonder what her opinion would have been if a trans played soccer against jer
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

who gives a sh*t what that dude thinks........

She needs to take a penalty kick to the cod sack

hate i missed this...

she makes some good points in the midst of her craziness.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    hate i missed this...

Get 'em, Toof. Pretty sure I'm gonna side with you; you'll just say it better.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by fracas714 View Post
    They say Serena Williams, who's arguably the female tennis GOAT, would be a low-to-mid-tier player on the men's circuit.

And remember that Vanderbilt girl who kicked the squib and the sprinted off the field and was touted as some groundbreaker?. Equal, but unquestionably, undeniably different.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Really? such as?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Get 'em, Toof. Pretty sure I'm gonna side with you; you'll just say it better.
    hell, all i'll do is find unique ways to piss people off without actually trying sometimes.....

a-your kids volleyball team isnt that important
    b-there is no data to support trans athletes are stealing every scholarship, championship, etc
    c-girls have long hair. boys dont.

C- False. Tons of boys have long hair

b-there is no data to support trans athletes are stealing every scholarship, championship, etc
    a. true. but not for the reasons she states. somethings are worth standing up for. folks may disagree on these according to their particular worldview.
    b. true. not yet. but the fairness of competition is still a foundational issue.
    c. I got nothing
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Soccer...wow.
    At least I'm housebroken.

A. Yes it is. If our daughters want to play sports one day we want her playing against girls. Not boys pretending to be girls.
    B. Not yet, but many 1st place medals have been stolen from hard working female athletes by male athletes competing in the womens league.
    C. False.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 06-28-2022 at 07:17 AM.

hippies have long hair

“Your daughter’s team doesn’t matter as much as indulging the narcissist fantasy or delusion of another kid her age.”

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    A. Yes it is. If our daughters want to play sports one day we want her playing against girls. Not boys pretending to be girls.
    B. Not yet, but many 1st place medals have been stolen from hard working female athletes by male athletes competing in the womens league.
    C. False.
    hey uppity new guy,
    i'm right. you're wrong.
    nanny nanny boo boo

hey uppity new guy,
    i'm right. you're wrong.
    nanny nanny boo boo
    Someone's gotta tell you