Thread: Complicated Cars

Default Complicated Cars

Wife has a 2019 Atlas. Batteries dies so I pulled the battery and bought a new one. Installed new identical battery. Start the car and all the electronics are shit. Alarm lights everywhere. Car will drive but a lot of systems like backup sensors don't work.

I google it and apparently anytime the battery is changed the computer has to be reset. Can't be done at home.

Fuck that.

I can’t even change the radio station in my wife’s car.

Memory saver? Will probably scratch the Atlas off the list of potential vehicles.

After researching the memory saver is a spare battery hooked to your car via the service computer port.
    For the record the car has been great, I just get passed when a manufacturer finds another way to make your pay them. Next thing your know, a new wiper blade will require a special tool that only the dealer owns.

Most newer vehicles (especially high line) have to have the new battery registered.
    More fuel = more boost!!

BMW started this in 2002.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Never heard of no atlas. Good luck with sale
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

First step in a service manual for damn near every repair is to disconnect the negative battery terminal.

New first step is to connect a Memory Saver.

I have a buddy that bought a new Atlas 5-6 months ago that had a ton of problems. Mostly electrical but also a ride issue that was never resolved so the dealer gave them 100% what they paid for trade value on a newer model. Same problems, been in the shop for a week twice now. Last time they picked it up the A/C quit working the next day.
    Dude is pissed.