Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boat Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    When is the cost between Key West, Seahunt or Sportsman level bay boat and say a Contender level bay boat worth the difference? Completely understand if you make a living off boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on a lot of things…

1- how much you can afford
    2- what is its purpose?
    3- how many people are going to be on the vessel routinely?
    4- what kind of water will you be in ie rough calm inshore or offshore skinny water or big water or a combination
    5- do you want to stay dry in rougher waters or if you aren’t willing to go out in tough conditions, that element can be eliminated mostly
    6- what kind of comfort do you want or need?
    7- how long do you intend on keeping the boat?

Some of these can be relatable to each other but generally id need to know this information before I could give you my opinion. I’m no expert, just been around boats all my life.

When is the cost between Key West, Seahunt or Sportsman level bay boat and say a Contender level bay boat worth the difference? Completely understand if you make a living off boat

When you see the difference in fit, finish, ride and performance. Some people just like nice stuff.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You’re paying for the details and the resale when you go into a nicer bay boat brand. The contender won’t do anything the other 3 of the same size can’t but it’s a nicer boat fit and finish wise and you’ll pay a premium for the name.

Look at well used versions of different tiers of boats, which has held up better?

Construction methods and materials in the hull will vary the price greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You’re paying for the details and the resale when you go into a nicer bay boat brand.
    This

Also like southernwake referenced, I know when set foot on my Dad’s key west, some of the features and components seem cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Look at well used versions of different tiers of boats, which has held up better?

Construction methods and materials in the hull will vary the price greatly.
    Yes there is a noticeable difference for sure. I have really noticed in storage and hatches.