Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett80 View Post
    Translated to,
    Sv2100 with a 300…
    I am looking at putting a 300 on mine....

Wanted some real world numbers from.someone that has done it...rated for 225 back when the 3.3 f225 were released. 4.2 300 weighs 50# less than the 3.3. Ought to be a good performer.

Damn and I just want a 200 on my sv2100
    cut\'em

Glad you’re back Dex. I bought a 25 Ultra last summer. It’s fantastic. Reach out if you want any details.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

My father has a Key West 219FS and my Father in-law has a Sea Hunt 219 Ultra. Both are great family riding boats and are good for trolling the beaches for spanish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I've got a KW 230 with a 300 yam on it that has treated me well. No T Top, one power pole and a terrova - it fishes and sandbars well.

Thanks for the warm welcome back. It’s been too long but glad to see y’all haven’t changed a bit.

Fished off the dock with my 5 year last night and as we left empty handed “well maybe we need a boat so we can exactly catch something”
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

I have a 19ft sea hunt bay boat with a 115. My friend has the key west 19 BR with the same motor. His boat is faster and rides way better in chop and slop than my sea hunt. I do however like my console and front deck layout better.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I've got a KW 230 with a 300 yam on it that has treated me well. No T Top, one power pole and a terrova - it fishes and sandbars well.
    What’s your top speed heavy?

With fuel and 2 other folks, 55. Running a 15 1/4 x 21p currently that has a good hole shot and carries pretty well. 62 is top speed, winter, light.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I am looking at putting a 300 on mine....

Wanted some real world numbers from.someone that has done it...rated for 225 back when the 3.3 f225 were released. 4.2 300 weighs 50# less than the 3.3. Ought to be a good performer.
    We actually put a 250 on it when we upgraded the Parker to a 300, but suspect the 300 is next once this one craps out.
    It will absolutely fly! I would really like to play with the prop a little, just haven't. I think 60'ish mph is fast enough. Had the 150 and weight wise it is a bit heavier but not unstable by any means. Had to bring the bottom paint up about 1.5 inches in the rear.

Dex - If you can find a Seapro SV2100 grab it quick & lets repower! as far as a may river boat, you can join our club of SV2100's...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    With fuel and 2 other folks, 55. Running a 15 1/4 x 21p currently that has a good hole shot and carries pretty well. 62 is top speed, winter, light.
    On the 250br loaded down I’m seeing 54-55 at 5800 rpm if there’s enough chop to air it out. Running a tuned 20” 250 sho (300hp), 10” setback jackplate, 15x20p sws prop.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 06-16-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Sea Hunt ultra has been a great boat for us.

Go with any 4.2 Yamaha block and they can all be upgraded to 332 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    On the 250br loaded down I’m seeing 54-55 at 5800 rpm if there’s enough chop to air it out. Running a tuned 20” 250 sho (300hp), 10” setback jackplate, 15x20p sws prop.
    I think it has some ground to gain on the prop on mine, but it's been fast enough. Running the 6" atlas on mine. I think I'm gonna move it up a hole on that setting too because I run the plate almost all the way up most of the time and don't lose bite.

230br Hartwell 9.20.20.jpg

I have a 2016 Sea Hunt 23 ultra ..has a 200 Yamaha.

Would be better with a 250 for sure but it does well for what I need it to do.

The boat itself feels bigger than a 23….does decent in the ocean with trim tabs.

Based on what you described, a 23-24 bay boat would be perfect.
    My SV2100 has hauled a ton of trout, sand bars with the family, and has caught many a dolphin and grouper
    in E. NC on pretty days inside of 20miles.
    SV2100 Docked.jpg
    SV2100 PP Down.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-16-2022 at 10:01 PM.

If you look at the last 2 boat pics, one boat has rails on each gunnel( sea pro sv2100) and many others don't have the gunnel rails. While it may gave a cleaner line without the rail, from a practical standpoint ( mounting rod holders, tying off fenders, etc.) the sea pro wins hands down.
    Overall family boat hitting sandbars and in shore fishing , bayboat wins handsdown due to its lower bow height if you're beaching the boat. Try climbing up and down from the bow of a deep V a few times and you'll wish you had a bay boat.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 06-17-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    bayboat wins handsdown.
    x2
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I got no suggestions on the boat(I just moved back and need a river/lake boat myself), but welcome back!

PS - my 5yo also has been strongly suggesting a boat since we got back...
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Take a look at Hanson boats. Great value, easy to clean, and plenty of room. Folding bench seat on the back and a cooler seat Infront of the console. A friend has been running one for inshore/nearshore charters for the last four years (averaging 275 trips a year) and has held up great.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I still don’t understand the obsession with Sea Pros, I had one, it was mediocre at best. My 1900v pathfinder rode better than my sv2100, and fit and finish wasn’t even close. I have nightmares to this day about the factory wiring…..