Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Opinions

Default Boat Opinions

I’m back in SC and now on the coast with a boat ramp half a mile from the house so I’ve got the boat itch.

Looking for a family and fish boat to cruise, hit the sandbar, and fish the Bluffton/HHI area.

Looking at 21-23ft Sea Hunt, Sportsman, Key West, etc.

I’ve come across a couple of Sea Hunt Ultras- would love to hear of some real world experience with this specific model.

Used and not expecting to buy this summer. Anticipate pricing to lower this fall.

Happy to be back. Go Tigers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Well look who the cat drug in.

Whatever you get, put a mud motor on it.

Welcome back
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Hey Dex

Welcome back to SC! Not in your options above but my brother used to have a 22' NauticStar Tournament with a 250 Yamaha on it. That was a great boat. Not as deep-v as some of the bay boats out there but handled the water great, was stable and had a 13'' draft which worked well for fishing.
    Formerly DM88

Congrats on the promotion Dex. Huge accomplishment.

Go bigger than you think. 23 is about the perfect size boat for a single motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I agree with Hogan.

A 23-24 with a 300hp on it would allow for a wide range of fishing.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There was a Sea Hunt CC in the trading post a few days ago at a good price I thought. Not sure if it sold yet.

Welcome Back Dex!

Not sure what your price point is, but take a look at Everglades 223 (no longer produced so less inventory), and Everglades 243.

I have a Sportsman 247 w/ a 300 on it, great bay boat. Family loves it and it fishes well.

I had a 232 Sportsman with a 250 and it was a great all around boat. If it had a trolling motor, would have been even better. Boat market is retarded right now though so I'd be patient.

Welcome back! Agreed with above go 23-24’ with a 300

Quote Originally Posted by cudexter View Post
    Anticipate pricing to lower this fall.
    Welcome back to sunny South Carolina, Dex. I believe you are on point in your thinking...

Whatup dex! Welcome home. Sounds like your in my neck of the woods. Two docks down river from alljoy. Come see us...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Sportsman, Tidewater, but especially Scout produces great boats in that range. Although many are eschewing short boats for long boats for the profit, if you can find one, then my opinion is a 2012 or newer 225 XSF CC Scout with a 250 or larger Yamaha. It is a great Sunday Sandbar and Saturday Fishing machine. It was the smallest Scout with the oval porthole on the console and many if not most have a complete standup head. That is probably the largest boat you can tow with a half-ton truck and pulls easily with any 2500 gas or diesel. Those boats hold their value like crazy. Welcome back, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Just get a Freeman

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pioneer 222SF.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Decide what you want to do most and then buy the appropriate rig. Inshore fishing and family cruising, bay boat all day long. A lot more riding then fishing then a Sea Hunt Ultra or Pioneer 222sf might fit the bill. The ultra and Pioneer 222 are to big to inshore fish in my opinion( to much freeboard) and not big enough to go offshore, although people do it all the time, I’m spoiled and not 25 anymore, those 22ft ass whooping days are long gone. Been in a key west 250br with a 250 sho for 4 years now and it’s been a damn good inshore and bass fishing rig, wouldn’t change a thing about it except 2 power poles instead of one.

Go Tigers!!!!!. I now own a SeaHunt and Sportsman are great too. NOT much on Key West but they all float. Just my 2.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Whatup dex! Welcome home. Sounds like your in my neck of the woods. Two docks down river from alljoy. Come see us...
    Translated to,
    Sv2100 with a 300…