Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beaver doing damage

So, I just don't have the time to sit on them, although it does sound like fun. I'll head to Cabelas for a conibear or two before the trapping season starts.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

If you think there is one, there will be 7. If you think there is 7, there will be 21… for me, its a never ending battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    So, I just don't have the time to sit on them, although it does sound like fun. I'll head to Cabelas for a conibear or two before the trapping season starts.
    Sportsman in Charleston has them or i got a few in moncks corner you can borrow. Fill out a fur bearer depredation form. Super easy.

Be sure to spend the extra $10 or so to get setting tool if you buy some conibears.

them suckers will hurt you

I think it's easier and safer to set conibears with a piece of rope than those setting pliers. And the rope is easier to tote, doesn't rust up and cheap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dang, y'all got me scared now...so what'll hurt me? the trap or the buck-toothed beavers?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

The trap can hurt you if you dont respect it. They are made to kill so it will break a finger. But they are not to bad. I use the third safety and take it off last when i walk away. They have never bothered me

This is the best thing for one:

0656ADBF-EB5C-42D9-AC68-E223756BE7DC.png

It could be worse.... Could be swine
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

couple of videos on you tube with some good information titled LCW Beaver trapping part 1, and there is a part 2 , he goes over how to set the traps, including the conibear traps

You get one try with a light, then you played hell . They got all night to check dam. I take my thermal, set it on white hot , I can see him swimming, working and dying. Stomp the top down on dam, just enough to run, wait till after dark to sit and wait. If you screw with dams to much it’s harder to catch them. Any beaver that has been fooled with, will repair dam with stick out front and he’ll trip the trap.

I use the rope technique to set, but also have the safety. I had a conibear spring on my hand. It hurt but wasn't terrible. Make sure you wire the safety hooks back so they don't engage at the wrong time. I've had equal success with the Bridger #5 and drowning rod as I have with the conibear.

The most important thing to remember is do everything you can to catch them the first time. Any misses and they get really wary.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

All you need to do for a permit is call the local rabbit sheriff. They texted our permit to us. As stated, each beaver colony is 7-8 animals. Good luck.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk