Thread: Ruark and Capstick taught us...

Default Ruark and Capstick taught us...

that elephants can be extremely vindictive when wronged. This woman had to find out the hard way...

Elephant kills 70-year-old woman and then returns to trample her corpse at funeral in India
    Wild elephant lifts woman’s corpse from funeral pyre and tramples it after killing her

Maroosha Muzaffar
    47 minutes ago

An elephant in eastern India killed a 70-year-old woman and then returned to her funeral to trample her corpse. The incident occurred in Odisha state on Thursday, police said. Maya Murmu was at a tube well drawing water in Mayurbhanj district’s Raipal village when the wild elephant appeared out of nowhere.

After being trampled, Ms Murmu was taken to hospital where she died from her injuries, police officer Lopamudra Nayak was quoted as saying to the Press Trust of India news agency. Reports said when family members gathered for the funeral and were in the middle of performing last rites, the same elephant appeared, lifted Ms Murmu’s body from the funeral pyre and trampled it again, as shocked mourners looked on.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/i...-b2099464.html

Reckon she found out twice.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

That's just mean.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Gotta wonder what she did to deserve that.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Gotta wonder what she did to deserve that.
    The story leaves a lot out.

It does reinforce the lesson that a pissed off elephant can be judge, jury and executioner should it make up it's mind.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

One of the gnarliest videos I ever saw was a Circus elephant that got tired of being poked and prodded. The handler learned that Elephants have a FAFO limit.

It stomped on him, kneeled on him repeatedly and then threw what was left of his carcass an impressive distance.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Nature be skeery.

Maybe she tried to put a curse on the critter...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'