Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broncos-Catastrophic engine failure

Haha, same it got stuck in my head recently. I told my wife her dog looked like a Llama, and I was singing the song with altered words. My youngest daughter looked at me like I was making it up. So I checked YouTube and saw it a couple weeks back and showed her. Then just seeing the word Llama then vet junk, I had to post it.

I'm confident that we are the same age and suffered through the frustration of snuffleupagus always slipping away anytime showed up. Everyone thought Big Bird was crazy.

Haha. We are. Every once and a while I'll find myself counting like that pinball thingy. 1 2 3 4oor 5 6789 10 11 12222
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-13-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Saw a Saddled horse and a guy resting in the shade at a QT this morning on white horse road. Anyone else see? I’m assuming “they” were trying to make a point.
    Go Tigers!!!

50-50 chance with those ecos still.

You either get a great one or a lemon it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Kinda like GMs and transmissions huh?
    Or GM and BrokedownMax engines.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    50-50 chance with those ecos still.

You either get a great one or a lemon it seems like.
    Apparently a catch can and an extended warranty are wise investments.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Apparently a catch can and an extended warranty are wise investments.
    Which reminds me, I need to drain my catch can.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Glenn you’ve seen the llamas being used out west for hunts I imagine. Would you use them over horses or just punch a puppy in frustration altogether.
    Hahahaha! I've heard of people using them out west to pack in and out. Those rascals will hock a loogie on you if you aren't careful but at least they won't stop on you or kick your skull to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Saw a Saddled horse and a guy resting in the shade at a QT this morning on white horse road. Anyone else see? I’m assuming “they” were trying to make a point.
    That dude's been riding that horse up and down white horse rd for a few years.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Ford Bronco Engine-Failure Reports Spur Federal Safety Investigation

Auto-safety regulator probes reports that the SUV could lose power at highway speeds; Ford says it also is investigating the problem

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s probe covers nearly 25,500 Ford Bronco vehicles.

Wall Street Journal
    By Ryan Felton
    July 26, 2022

The top U.S. auto-safety regulator is opening an investigation into reported catastrophic engine failures with some Ford Bronco vehicles, yet another setback in the auto maker’s efforts to improve its quality record.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a filing made public this week it was launching the probe, after receiving reports of 2021 Ford Bronco SUVs experiencing a loss of power at highway speeds. The examination covers nearly 25,500 vehicles, NHTSA said.

The regulatory agency said it had been weighing whether to open the defect investigation since late May, when the agency said it received multiple petitions from Bronco owners to take action. In a meeting last month with Ford Motor Co., F -2.14%? NHTSA staff learned the alleged loss of power is a result of catastrophic engine failures due to the engine valves failing, the agency said in the filing.

Ford has the most recalls of any U.S. auto maker in 2022, having launched 45 of them this year, according to NHTSA data. Daimler Trucks North America LLC has the second-highest number of recalls, with 27 this year.

Ford issued a recall for about 39,000 large SUVs in May, citing reports of under-the-hood fires in vehicles that were parked and turned off. In June, Ford recalled about 49,000 Mustang Mach-E vehicles because of an issue that could cause a battery component to overheat and potentially cause the car to lose power, the company said. In the same month, the car maker recalled more than 3.3 million vehicles that it said had a risk of rolling away when placed in park.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal...re-11658844489

No issues with mine., but it is a 75😎
    Board Member
    Cherokee Foothills Hunting Retriever Club

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin Rooster View Post
    No issues with mine., but it is a 75😎
    A proper Bronco…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I did a bunch of research on this. It was the 2021 model and all of the problem engines were made in the same month.
    I don't think it is an issue now.