Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So the new gun control

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    They are a spinless bunch of weasels
    The Rino's or those who keep voting for them?

Lindsay Graham is just not right for SC. I sent him an email last week and got the canned response. He does not give a rat's ass about his constituents. What else do we have to pick from.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Republicans will have 5 or more in the primary and Democrats will push Graham over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The Rino's or those who keep voting for them?
    The whole bunch rinos and all. You do not have a choice, vote for Graham or a low country demorat. We got the same a rino or comiecrat from Charlotte or down east
    Last edited by centurian; 06-13-2022 at 06:48 PM.

We had a choice in the primary.

The govt has access to everyone’s electronic health records. If you have ever been prescribed an antidepressant or adderall or a similar ADD medication…or if you’ve ever had “anxiety” and or “depression” listed on your record, you have a documented mental illness, and the govt can, and I believe they will, do a simple and quick cross check of gun purchase records with med records that contain such information. Don’t be surprised when folks show up at your home with search warrants to confiscate any and all firearms if you happen to have anything on your med rec that they deem a trigger. They may not start off at 100mph, but a couple of shootings here and there will result in quick acceleration. If this passes, God help us all.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

^you're batshit crazy

every teenager is on adderall and they're not coming to your house.
    but its your thought process, so run with it.

(and you know my opinion about ADD and methamphetamine salts)

I think any kid that spends more than 2 hours alone in his room playing video games shouldnt be allowed to purchase an AR.

newsflash to parents: those video games are bad juju on a young person's mind.
    oh and cell phones suck. I will be vindicated some day....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    The govt has access to everyone’s electronic health records. If you have ever been prescribed an antidepressant or adderall or a similar ADD medication…or if you’ve ever had “anxiety” and or “depression” listed on your record, you have a documented mental illness, and the govt can, and I believe they will, do a simple and quick cross check of gun purchase records with med records that contain such information. Don’t be surprised when folks show up at your home with search warrants to confiscate any and all firearms if you happen to have anything on your med rec that they deem a trigger. They may not start off at 100mph, but a couple of shootings here and there will result in quick acceleration. If this passes, God help us all.
    I agree. They also dont need a registry as they already have that or at least know who the gun owners are. The red flag laws are the scariest and a tool for the left to move further toward confiscation. Those not standing against this over reach will sooner or later feel the same as speech and thought are now in the sights for control.

what? you agree with him?

OK. Explain to me how the government knows what guns I own.
    Then explain to me how this will lead to the government coming to my house.

I fully understand "the slippery slope" but good gracious you're skipping a lot of slope.

My kids never took any Adderall or other mind altering drugs ( at least not prescribed to them)....

They are both doing great. Just sayin.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I don't think they know what guns you own, if they get there hands on a gun they can trace it back to the last time it was sold using the background form, and see who the purchaser was if it was in the last 8 years. I think for know that is the amount of time they are required to keep the records, but they will probably switch to electronic records if they havent already
    Last edited by barrineau; 06-14-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    what? you agree with him?

OK. Explain to me how the government knows what guns I own.
    Then explain to me how this will lead to the government coming to my house.

I fully understand "the slippery slope" but good gracious you're skipping a lot of slope.
    You ever fill out a 4473 form, go through NICS, purchase online, or visit gun and hunting websites. YES they know. Maybe not every thing you have but they know you are a gun owner. Obama care put all your medical records on line so yes they could easily cross reference that info regardless if you are a nut case or taking antidepressants. The thing that puzzles me is they also know who is a felon and may even deny them access through NICS they are not arresting them for lying on the forms or attempting to buy a firearm illegally. That is not their intent.
    Last edited by centurian; 06-14-2022 at 07:22 AM.

they dont know.
    I'm sorry, but they just dont. Kinda like they are reading my texts and emails.

I'm a gun owner. That is not a shock but they just dont know a damn thing about the gun I own. I'm sorry. I just cant sit here and listen to you people lie.

Do they have some top secret area where people are cross referencing the guns they dont know I own with the antiGERD medicine I take? Conspiracy theory hogwash. Lets settle down and try to think of constructive ways to deal with people that think black guns are scary. Enough of this horseshit.

and i'm only picking on you because wwd has crazy eyes and posts really long stuff that I cant read through....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^you're batshit crazy

every teenager is on adderall and they're not coming to your house.
    but its your thought process, so run with it.

(and you know my opinion about ADD and methamphetamine salts)

I think any kid that spends more than 2 hours alone in his room playing video games shouldnt be allowed to purchase an AR.

newsflash to parents: those video games are bad juju on a young person's mind.
    oh and cell phones suck. I will be vindicated some day....
    what he said, all of it

Regardless of how you feel on the issue, there’s a book I recommend, “The Battle of Athens.” At least look it up. WWII veterans who came home to their town and those that didn’t go overseas created their own kingdom. Veterans and like minded people made a stand. It’s a true story.

Several Questions:

1) Has the bill even been introduced and read in either chamber?
    2) If it has, what is the bill number? I haven't been able to find a specific bill.
    3) Has anybody read the bill?
    4) Who are the actual sponsors?

new gun control, hell the old gun control doesnt work when libs try to use it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...acafbb1bda43e5

Quote Originally Posted by whistlinwingswilly View Post
    Several Questions:

1) Has the bill even been introduced and read in either chamber?
    2) If it has, what is the bill number? I haven't been able to find a specific bill.
    3) Has anybody read the bill?
    4) Who are the actual sponsors?
    Carts, torches and pitchforks first.

Horses come later.