Thread: Droughts in the South, Good or Bad?

Default Droughts in the South, Good or Bad?

From a duck hunting perspective only, are these drier years good or bad for your duck hunting?

Obviously not having water sucks for those trying to plant and manage a manipulated food source. But I’d have to think for those hunting more natural locations this lower water would mean a reprieve for water logged trees and opportunities for more natural grasses to spring up. Of course, all the grass in the world won’t mean anything if the water doesn’t come back up in the winter.

What are your thoughts? What are you seeing? Do these drier summers help or hurt your bottom line, as far as ducks are concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Always like Santee when water was down about 3 feet.
    80-20 Genaration

When I still went and battled the masses on our lakes for a few ducks, the drought years were certainly some of the best.

Dry periods are paramount for all wetlands.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.