Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas

Default Kansas

Draw results are out for Kansas WTBD

No go for me. Applied for 13 big game tags and so far 0 for 10. Two more states to go
    80-20 Genaration

Got mine

I’m afraid Kansas is quickly getting to the stage where you will need at least 1 point to draw an archery tag as a NR. They had 30k+ NR applicants this year.

Got drawn in Colorado and am having to burn the tag. Sucks.
    Carolina Counsel

Looks like I didn’t get drawn. First year applying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Me and Gavin drew.... Looks like Thanksgiving in Kansas

My buddies have 4,000 acres and a house they rent in Kansas to the tune of about $30,000 per year.

1 out of 4 got drawn this year
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    My buddies have 4,000 acres and a house they rent in Kansas to the tune of about $30,000 per year.

1 out of 4 got drawn this year

Happened to a set of friends I have as well. They have invested big dollars on land leases,spent a lot of time converting an old barn into a cabin, etc. And they will be watching from the sidelines this year. And their landowner explicitly said no subleasing. I didn’t draw either. One of my good friends has a square in unit 11 that he is gracious enough to share when I draw. His family was pretty upset that the state didn’t award a tag to the guy that fried fish for them every year when he comes from NC.

It sucks but I’m afraid Kansas is going to turn into a point state to draw as a NR. Several factors at play, but social media celebrities have definitely exposed how good their public land is. Now guys are applying blindly and getting frustrated when they realize there are few options for lodging in big ag country. I talked to several guys out there last year that we’re heading home because they were tired of sleeping in their truck.

I’m not a crossbow hater, but now the guys that normally only apply for a rifle tag are going out and buying a ravin so they can hunt archery season and try to get in on the rut. So that’s led to an even larger number of archery tag applications.

It sucks being on this side of the wall, but I’m glad Kansas is being proactive before it gets overran.

If you own 80 acres you get a tag every year. I know people that buy then subdivide the land in 80 ace sections to make sure their children get a tag every year.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-20-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If you own 80 acres you get a tag every year. I know people that buy them subdivide the land in 80 ace sections to make sure their children get a tag every year.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Yep. You now have to own and pay taxes on 80+ to get the 1 tag to use in the unit you are in. Pretty steep investment that’s 17 hours from my house, but I’ve considered it. Lease rate of tillable land was $74/ac last year in SE Kansas. Be a long time to pay itself off.

Default Kansas

Don’t you also have to actively farm and hunt on the tract used for the permit?

Seems like that is Spook Spann for in hot water.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-20-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Don’t you also have to actively farm and stay on the tract used for the permit?

Seems like that is Spook Spann for in hot water.
    That’s class C tag. Also called a Tenant tag. It’s a mountain of paperwork that gets a lot of guys in trouble that try to forge the needed documents.

My friend out there only had 7 of his 13 members draw a tag this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you applied and didn’t draw your refund check should be in your mailbox.

Kansas was a well known “sleeper” spot. Now that we plaster it all over social media you have to have a preference point. Think about it guys.
    More fuel = more boost!!

This thread, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Kansas was a well known “sleeper” spot. Now that we plaster it all over social media you have to have a preference point. Think about it guys.
    Yep. I think I’ve told this story on here, but I ran into a group of kids that I knew from Edgefield in a middle of nowhere town in the Midwest last year. They were there solely based on what they’d seen on social media. Yet people still can’t stand it. “Gotta let mofos know, Bo”
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

people on the interent complaining about people on the internet.

the world is smaller than it was years ago. the internet didnt ruin it. people did.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Maybe soccer and golf will catch on and people will stop hunting so much.

Also, who drives that far to shoot a whitetail deer?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14