Thread: Suppressors and Eforms

Default Suppressors and Eforms

This week I had stamps start rolling in from the beginning of Feb. So around 120 days. 30 days short of what we were hoping but 8 months ahead of paper forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

It was good to see you again and I appreciate the help.

If y'all have any interest in getting into the suppressor game or need a new weapon, give Steelin a call. He makes it easy peasy and is a pretty cool dude too.

Mike
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 06-10-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    It was good to see you again and I appreciate the help.

If y'all have any interest in getting into the suppressor game or need a new weapon, give Steelin a call. He makes it easy peasy and is a pretty cool dude too.

Mike
    It was good to see you again. Welcome to the addiction.

Now, I need to find some 300 subs.

Hell I am still waiting. Think its been 14 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came in. Now we just got to get a time where I can meet you to get it. Waited this long what’s another day or two?

Since I know zero about suppressors, would there be much of a difference using off the shelf ammo in an AR-15? I have thermal and would be using it for coyotes at night. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Since I know zero about suppressors, would there be much of a difference using off the shelf ammo in an AR-15? I have thermal and would be using it for coyotes at night. Thanks
    You would be fine. Touch base with me if you want to start down the path toward owning a suppressor

Thanks. I have thought about it many times but don't know anyone personally who has a suppressor... at least to my knowledge. I will reach out if I decide to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    A 5.56 shooting regular supersonic ammo through a good suppressor sounds about like a .22 mag rifle. Well worth having IMO. A 5.56 shooting subsonic ammo is much quieter but has terminal energy somewhere near between a .22 LR and a .22 mag.

I think the 300 blk is the ideal suppressed AR rifle because it can be tuned to cycle with quiet but hard hitting 200 grain bullets and also still cycle with 110 grain supersonic bullets that aren't too loud but will still maintain energy adequate for a deer at, say, 300 yards. The slow, heavy bullets require a lot of scope dope even at close ranges but they still carry some energy. The fast, lighter bullets aren't too loud but they shoot reasonably flat out to normal bean field deer hunting distances.

You don't need to shoot subsonic loads to appreciate a suppressor. The difference in muzzle blast and noise between suppressed and unsuppressed with regular loads is drastic. I hate to shoot without a suppressor now. I don't target shoot without hearing protection but I do hunt without it if I can shoot suppressed.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 06-12-2022 at 07:11 PM.

I bought a suppressor that works on every gun I own. It cost me less than $200 and I didn’t have to fill out any forms.

I’m hoping mine is far enough along in the process that it won’t get “caught up” in this new gun bill. I haven’t heard anything about Supressors in the bill, but you gotta know someone at an alphabet agency closely aligned with the White House decided to put all applications having a background check component “on hold” until they can convene a committee to determine if anything runs afoul of the new bill language and intent. I hope not, but I’m just that pessimistic now days.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I hope the SCOTUS ruling against EPA yesterday gave ATF a bit of a chill. Now would not be a good time for an alphabet agency to get on a MAGA legislator's radar. I hope some of the new, bold, non-establishment Congress members take advantage of this ruling and start reeling in the abuses of these agencies. ATF is a prime example of an agency that abuses policy to do things not in their mandate, like slow walking NFA applications.

Well slap my azz and call me a baby; I just got an email saying my application status has been changed to “approved.” I paid and applied in late January or early February. Looks like they have this thing rolling. I’m pleasantly surprised.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

how many days?