Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fly Rod/Reel Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    For the record, I didn't push him in the water, 2th just angry I'm his kids hero.
    ok. didnt push him, just tripped him.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    2 pages about a rig for an 8 year old. 8 really? I was happy with a cane pole I made from cane I cut out of the bottoms when I was 10. Keep him interested for sure. Love it that he wants to fly fish. Something cheap entry level. No 8 year olds is going to be able to “feel” shit. Next up which 1000 yard out of the box custom rifle for teenagers?!
    Just bought my 12 year old his first Koler. He couldn’t hit anything with his DT11 so I figured he needed a little extra. Who doesn’t need nice stuff?
    Carolina Counsel

should have bought him a Benelli

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    2 pages about a rig for an 8 year old. 8 really? I was happy with a cane pole I made from cane I cut out of the bottoms when I was 10. Keep him interested for sure. Love it that he wants to fly fish. Something cheap entry level. No 8 year olds is going to be able to “feel” shit. Next up which 1000 yard out of the box custom rifle for teenagers?!
    Cheap/entry level will quickly remind you that you get what you pay for, as I've already found out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Buggy whippin' isn't about catching fish. it's about how good you look doing it.

Style ain't cheap and cheap ain't a style.

I still use the Junior sized Sage rod and Ross reel I got little brother way back in the day. He doesnt use it so much anymore, but I like that I can fish tight spots with it.

#perspective.

BP, check sierratradingpost.com for their stuff. I have had good luck getting fly fishing stuff there at a deal.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton